mb96

Author
Apr 28, 2021
Tinnitus Since
2019 Jan
Cause of Tinnitus
Unknown
Hey,

This is my first time posting here, but I discovered this forum back in January 2019 when I realized that I had tinnitus. It was very unbearable during the first few weeks but eventually I got used to it and life was great once again (the Success Stories gave me hope and helped me a lot with habituation).

Fast forward to February this year, I noticed that my tinnitus has developed a new tone in my right ear, which had a lower frequency than my original tinnitus. It wasn't that bad and it didn't affect my mental well-being that much. Two weeks ago I noticed that this new tone had faded away and I was extremely happy and relieved. However, last week I learned that my parents got COVID-19 and I got very anxious and worried. At the same time I noticed that the tone that supposedly faded away has now returned and it's now worse than ever.

I now feel like I'm back at the same state as I was when I discovered my tinnitus. I have trouble sleeping and I wake up 4-5 times every night. I am optimistic that I will cope with this, given enough time. Some mornings, I wake up with this tone being basically gone, although it starts to gradually come back and increase after 30 minutes from waking up. It is very weird. However, I am mostly worried about it getting worse throughout the years, which is making me depressed. I feel like I've done everything to protect my ears and I am confused about why this is happening to me.

Has anybody experienced something similar?

Yeah I think I've got anxiety-induced tinnitus. It's been about a week and it was lessening throughout the day yesterday but at night woke me up several times again.

Welcome to the forum. Yes anxiety and stress are known to cause tinnitus or aggravate it. So try to reduce your stress level by some relaxing exercises and hobbies. You can also consider taking natural supplements like lemon balm, Kava Kava, Chamomile tea etc to calm the nerves. There are many brands of natural calming products online you can order to control anxiety.

All the best to you. God bless.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now