Could ETD Be Causing My Symptoms (Tinnitus Reacts to Certain Noises, Some Noises Sound Louder)?

Discussion in 'Support' started by BxDaniels, Jul 26, 2019.

1. BxDaniels

BxDaniels Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello all,

So about 3 weeks ago I started experiencing head pressure and sinus congestion, then about a week later I woke up to my ear feeling full and ringing in my ear... I then made an appointment with my doctor and he looked up my nose and diagnosed me with ETD and told me it could be from allergies.

Recently my symptoms have gotten weird, my tinnitus is very mild and doesn't bother me but around certain sounds it gets very loud. My fan that I use every night for the past 2 years now creates unbearable high pitched ringing and so does my AC unit. I also noticed squeaky brakes on cars and doors seem much louder (not painful)...

Can ETD cause these symptoms? I've had a mild tinnitus my whole life but it never even bothered me but now it's quite loud... Thanks for your help!

2. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      Before we assume anything about tinnitus, may I ask if you have a history of over-exposure to loud noise, or anything that may have affected your ears?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      BxDaniels

BxDaniels Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      My teenage years I use to listen to my headphones quite loud but never experienced anything, however about a month ago my neighbors were doing fireworks and there was one that was crazy loud and everyone complained also but didn't have any hearing issues the next day or even week until I developed ETD recently

4. Contrast
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      I'm not saying you don't have sinuses or allegies, but you clearly have a history of noise exposure and that should be considered unto why you have tinnitus and ear fullness. A common habit of new comers is to be in denial of noise exposure causing their problem.
      upload_2019-7-26_4-20-20.png

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      BxDaniels

BxDaniels Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      BxDaniels

BxDaniels Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yeah i feel that could be a cause also. If I look up in my nose I can actually see my eustachian tube very swollen and when I talk I sound stuffy, can ETD cause all these issues I'm having? I just find it weird I'm having issues right my sinuses get congested

7. Contrast
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      You could have a mix of both.

• Like Like x 1