Do I Have Low Frequency Tinnitus or Something Else?

Pedro Borges

Author
Dec 28, 2015
France
Tinnitus Since
Cause of Tinnitus
DJing
hello everyone ! I have this hum in my right ear that comes and goes, iv had high pitch tinitus for around 2 years and by now it really doesnt bother me but the low pitched noise drives me nuts to the point of giving me anxiety attacks, it's like an engine running it makes my right side of the head vibrate. For a few years i had it VERY rarely but in the last few months it has been hell. The pattern for the hum is quite strange though, normally it is triggered when im in my studio making music (im a producer/DJ), or it just appears randomly accompanied of a fullness of the ear. Sometimes it stays for days, sometimes for weeks and sometimes it's not there at all. The hum disappears when i shake my head or when i speak or when theres some sort of ambient noise ( sometimes is harder to mask than others). There is something quite strange that makes it stop though, that logically it should make it worse which is everytime I go to a concert or play in a concert !! It makes it disappear for 3 to 4 days sometimes even longer !! My objective with this post is to know wether or not I really have low frequency tinnitus or if it is something else hopefuly treatable :)

Have a wonderful day and i hope your motor noises are calm at the moment :)

Hi Pedro,
I would have your ears checked and a hearing test just to rule things out.

As you know loud sound can trigger tinnitus and can take a few days to take place.
Make sure you wear noise reduction plugs if around loud sound above 80db ...
and in your studio .
Your ears are telling you they are not happy so do what you can to protect your ears and stop it becoming a permanent sound....lots of love glynis

hey gylnis thanks for the quick answer !

I already my ears checked and took a hearing test and the ENT said everything was fine so i don't know what to make of it. I always wear hearing protection when I attend a concert and have been for a while, except when I play because it just makes it very difficult with the headphones and everything but in general im quite careful. This buzz doesn't really make a lot of sense :(

hey gylnis thanks for the quick answer !

I already my ears checked and took a hearing test and the ENT said everything was fine so i don't know what to make of it. I always wear hearing protection when I attend a concert and have been for a while, except when I play because it just makes it very difficult with the headphones and everything but in general im quite careful. This buzz doesn't really make a lot of sense :(
You might had a series of outer ear infections and tmj pain from cold air (I get outer ear infections and tmj pain if the aircondition blows directy in my ears/jaw). You can tell if you have an outer ear infection if water/sweat/moisture got in your ear and you experience pain or burning inside your ear canal for 2-3 days. TMJ pain affects the jaw outside of the ear. You might also have issues with your sinuses if you have pain from inside of your nose/ear connection (I get it when my nostril cycle changes).

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now