Err Hi

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Zak, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Zak
      Doubtful

Zak Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/07/2013
      So I'm a student and I've recently got tinnitus. Probably due to the fact that I wear headphones nearly all the time and listen to loud music quite often. It's really starting to irritate me so I joined this site hoping to get some advice and such as to what I can do. I find it difficult to concentrate on anything other than the obnoxious high pitched ring in my head (mainly my right ear) and I'm hoping that it fades for when I go back to school, as I know it will be hard for me to focus. I've been listening to white noise, which I found on YouTube, which I've found helps a lot to mask the ring. Currently been listening to it for 3, nearly 4 hours today. You can find it by typing "12 hour white noise" into YouTube and it should be the first result to appear.

2. Yellow Ledbetter
      Batty

Yellow Ledbetter Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2013
      Hey @Zak
      Welcome!! You find alot of help and advice here, also heaps of support. Hopefully it will go away or go down, if not you will get used to it...... I have. Just protect your ears so it doesn't get any worse. Also check out the alternative treatment section, you will find alot of good ideas & things people have tried. Alot of people find magnesium helps, but you do have to take it for a month before you see any change, and make sure you are sleeping, I find mine is worse when I don't sleep.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Shuffle
      Gloomy

Shuffle Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Heavy Metal & Machinery
      I think that is key, actually, protect your ears, starting now. What's done is done, I myself have it from attending concerts and working on heavy machinery, personally I've made peace with that. It is possible to continue though, I still attend concerts, but I have proper plugs. I still drive heavy machinery, but again, remember the plugs. Life can carry on. :)

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Zak
      Doubtful

Zak Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/07/2013
      I was actually planning on going to a concert in September, such bad timing.

5. Shuffle
      Gloomy

Shuffle Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Heavy Metal & Machinery
      • Like Like x 1
    6. Cher69
      Fine

Cher69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20/5/2013
      I also use the ones Shuffle has mentioned above - and last week went to an outdoor concert - they did the trick.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Zak
      Doubtful

Zak Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/07/2013
      Thanks, Shuffle. Will see about purchasing a pair. :)

8. Yellow Ledbetter
      Batty

Yellow Ledbetter Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2013
      Even if you can't get a pair before the concert foam ear plugs will do the trick. I just had moulds taken of my ears & am waiting for my plugs to arrive. I just went to 3 day festival, and then a side show! Yay so many bands. I used the foam ones & I was fine. Just make sure you wear some sort of noise reducing ear plugs, and most importantly enjoy the gig! Who are you seeing?