• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Had Tinnitus Since 1995

Kleinmommy

Author
May 13, 2018
Nebraska
Tinnitus Since
Cause of Tinnitus
Uninown
Hi! Just found this forum this morning. I have had tinnitus since about 1995. It has gotten worse in the last couple of years. I have no clue where to start to get help. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

@Kleinmommy ,
Welcome to Tinnitus Talk.
I would get your doctor check your ears out for wax and see ENT and have hearing tested and they will advise you more if need a routine MRI .
Love glynis

I would add to glynis's post to see an audiologist which I think she was saying :) . It's good to do that yearly for people with T anyhow. Get a baseline and check it every year.

I agree, a doctor's visit and seeing an audiologist are the first steps you should take. While I don't know what caused your T, hearing loss is often a likely culprit. A hearing test can tell you more about the state of your hearing. Getting hearing aids, if necessary, could then correct some of that loss and make things better for you, but that is where the audiologist comes in.

Thank you for responding and for the advice. My mom and grandma have it. I was always told by the both of them, there is nothing to be done you just have to live with it. I am tired of living with it!!

Thank you for responding and for the advice. My mom and grandma have it. I was always told by the both of them, there is nothing to be done you just have to live with it. I am tired of living with it!!

There are people that have no limbs, so they use prosthetics. Living with tinnitus is not the end of life. Many including myself live a pretty good life, even with the intrusive and very loud tinnitus that I am afflicted with 24-7. How we live our life, is all based on our mindset and attitude. It all comes down to discipline and motivation.

There are NUMEROUS techniques and tools that, we can use to live with tinnitus. Yes, no cure is found today (hopefully soon, we can have this), so we need to make the best of it and still enjoy our lives. Life can still be enjoyed, it all depends on the person and their attitude towards life and their affliction(s).

Negativity simply BREEDS negativity....

Tinnitus usually gets worse for a reason. If there is no underlying medical condition causing your tinnitus to get worse, then the reason could be exposure to certain sounds or loud sounds. Do you listen to music through headphones? Do you attend places where loud music is played or work in a noisy enviroment? Any of these things can make tinnitus worse.

It would be a good idea to have tests done at ENT on your auditory system. Hearing tests and MRI scan etc.

Please go to my "started threads" and read my post: Tinnitus, A Personal View.
All the best
Michael

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now