• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Has Anybody Reduced Pulsatile Tinnitus with DIet/Exercise?

Michael2013

Author
Dec 9, 2013
Tinnitus Since
September 2013
I am wondering if anybody has been able to see any reduction of tinnitus from diet/exercise? Since I have had tinnitus (hissing+pulsing ringing) I have gained probably 30lbs or so. I'm about to go on a diet and get back in shape. I'm hoping there might be a side effect of reduced pulsatile tinnitus, but if not, then I should at least fit into my pants better. :)

I've been running, and for me, it seems to clear out my head a bit. I've been thinking about making dietary changes, but I don't know if I have the discipline to go off carbs or gluten, for example. Somehow, exercise is an easier thing for me to be disciplined about.

Same here. I'm not a runner, but I walk every day, and go to the fitness center three times a week. For me, at least, it doesn't make my pulsatile tinnitus any worse, and in fact it seems to help. Mine may be blood pressure-related, and exercise helps keep my blood pressure at a good level.

Michael, it's worth a try! Please do let us know if you see a reduction in your tinnitus after you begin an exercise or diet program.

I've been ringing for 6 weeks now due to (hopefully) pollen allergies. I've always been into fitness my whole life but I can say that prior to I had missed a lot of time in the gym this year and even more during this ordeal. It's possible not exercising has not helped.

Excersise makes mine worse temporarily....helps with feeling of overall well being.

Telis, Do you have PT? How long have you had it?

At first, it did make my pulsating seem worse immediately after exercise. Now, four years later, I feel that exercise is actually helping to keep my pulsating low. Yours may improve over time.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now