Has Anyone's Hyperacusis Affected Their Tinnitus?

Geo

Author
Benefactor
Jan 24, 2015
California
Tinnitus Since
11/2012
has anyones H affected their T.. well depending on your severity. since getting my H back and coming back even stronger it has affected my T as i feel its the main culprit as to why my T has gotten so bad. every time i hear something that ticks my ears off it jumps the T. its been going on for 4 months since it came back.. people say that their H only gives them minor pain but doesnt affect their T so why does it do mine. i have had so many damaging spikes because of it. just wondering if anyone else goes through this.. the first time around with H it didnt do anything like it does now..maybe like 3 spikes in 3 months.. but this time its daily spikes..

When my H comes back it usually makes my T play above every noise, more reactive I guess. But then I just battle through the uncomfort and the H fades away.

My H stays the same but I had to coach some students of mine 2 weeks ago and all fans were shouting and screaming for their fighter. I did not wear earplugs...so at one moment everybody was clapping which hurted my ears and after that there is a new tone very high ...that I do not realy hear but I feel it ... irritates me a lot....
So I try to be more careful again.

I was habituated but it's weird now... my T is not louder or softer but since that spike it seems like I did 2 steps back in habituation and get irritated by T again. The last 6 months I could not care less and now it's on my focus every minute of the day again. bummerrrrrrr. But I have to go on so I try to stay as positive as possible.

Perhaps I want to enjoy real silence again which I know will not happen anymore for me... I guess it frustrates a bit which makes my T more on the foreground.

My H is not that bad ... Normal sounds I can live with but dishes or metal against metal hurt my ears bad and cause a spike.... My H never faded away it is always the same.

Not sure if this effects my T or not, can't tell. My T is constantly loud, fairly steady and the H is always pretty much the same as well. Hits to the ear cause my ear to plug up, as for my T, I think it goes up and down a bit but can't tell as it's always really loud and there are so many different noises, monitoring its level is pretty much impossible.

I know the feeling.... my H makes everyday sounds spike my T. People clapping hands,yelling, clanging pots and pans, etc. Really sux ! I've heard that people have gotten rid of their H completly with lidocaine injections in the neck muscles, especially the SCM. I'm trying to get my Doc to get me to pain mgt. to see if it will help with mine. Usually stops the H and the T...but usually the T comes back after a couple of days, BUT....if it X's the H...why not ? Good luck to you...and to all who suffer this torture !

@Geo ...Please look in the Hyperacusis and Ear Pain subsection - Support. You will see a number of really helpful threads in there. (If get that far, on second page there is a thread where I went into some detail re. the 'differences' of more "normal T" versus "sound reactive T" - which to me is another facet of Hyperacusis).

Indeed, H and any form of hearing or T "reactivity" is much tougher to live with than "unreactive" T... which is hard enough already!!!

Good luck and hope you find some info. that helps. Zimcichael

Yeah i think i have reactive T any freaking ding makes it go up .. I have like 3-4 tones playing in my head when i hear a door slam or something in that nature.. Its really nerve racking .. I cant believe my last H lasted 3 months i thought the demon was gone but it wanted to play again but this time even harder lol..now its been 4 months and no end in sight..

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now