Hello from Montreal

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Norm Doucet, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Norm Doucet

Norm Doucet Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis
      Started having a constant high pitch in my ears for five weeks now. Getting depressed and very anxious. I guess this what a lot of you have already gone through... that's it ... just wanted to share feel so alone and sad

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Hello from Vancouver from another Canuck. Yes, most of us have been where you are. This initial stage is the most difficult stage of T suffering as the brain is still trying to figure out tinnitus. Your limbic nervous system is dominant now as you are in the fight or flight mode and things look a lot worse than they are. Hang in there. Things will get better over time. Have you figured out what could have caused the tinnitus? I have high pitch T too plus severe hyperacusis. I suffered like you with relentless anxiety and panic attacks plus depression & sleeplessness. I thought how on earth anyone could live with that? But today I live a normal, productive and absolutely enjoyable life. I wrote my success story like many members do and share some helpful strategies. If you wish to know the detail of my strategies, here is my success story:
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...w-i-recovered-from-tinnitus-hyperacusis.3148/

Anyways, if you find T bothering or alarming, you may want to try masking it. If you haven't done so, here are some suggestions. Take good care. God bless.

1) Mask at bed time so you can sleep better. Find whatever sounds/music that are soothing to you. You can use a sound machine or sound pillow for this, or a computer with speakers.

2) If you need masking on the go, try load an ipod with nature sounds or music using itune. If you have a smart phone, you can download free APPs for soothing or T-masking sounds. Make sure you set the volume slightly below that of T to help the body to get used to the T sound.

3) If you have computer and speakers, you can try these excellent masking sounds too:

TT's audio player: https://www.tinnitustalk.com/audioplayer/

or this online sound library, particularly the self-mix nature sounds: https://mynoise.net

or download free sound generator ‘aire freshener’: http://www.peterhirschberg.com/mysoftware.html

or search youtube with words like 'tinnitus masking sounds', 'white noise', 'rain sound' etc.

• Winner Winner x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Norm Doucet

Norm Doucet Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis
      Hello Vancouver,

Thank you very much for you letter, I really appreciated it and it dug me out of my hole for s bit. Once I pass the denial stage I imagine I will start feeling better. Just started and-anxiety and depression treatment ( drugs) hopefully they will help me to get to the bearable stage..

Thanks again

• Like Like x 1
    4. sleepy

sleepy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music and gaming via headphones, earbuds and headset
      @Norm Doucet
      I got my T in February. I was fine with dealing with it until I my made condition worse. I now have two different types of noises. One ringing and the other crickets. I took a Ambien yesterday, but I still felt sleepy so I took a nap. My is now raging louder than before.
      Youre still in the initial stages just like me. Find out what makes your T worse and avoid doing those things. I now carry foam earplugs with me in case if loud noises feel like they aggravate my T.
      A real night's sleep did wonders for me. Thank you, Ambien. Haha! I had 4 days of no sleep prior to that. I woke up feeling better than before. Masking sounds are incredibly useful. I use the YouTube sound therapy clips, just search Tinnitus sound therapy. There are also other white noise apps out there, like I said, find what works for you. Good luck.