Here Again — Ear Fullness After a Pan Dropped Yesterday

Discussion in 'Support' started by paganismos, Apr 6, 2018.

1. paganismos
      Angelic

paganismos Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Syringing (Acoustic Trauma)
      Hi everyone, me again.

The past week was just fine, I was happy and couldn't really hear it at all. The tone it's there, sometimes it's intermittent and sometimes it's steady, but I don't know if it changes according to things. The last four or five days I only heard it the tone when I laid my ear on the pillow and sometimes it was hard to listen to it, and the hiss was there but not always noticeable. My CBT therapist told me that most ear syringing induced tinnitus goes away, so it gave me some hope because mine is really mild.

Anyways, I'm just 7 weeks in and my mood was just fine... But yesterday I was at the kitchen and my grandma dropped a pan and it made a really loud sound, and it was just about 50cm away from my 'bad ear' and it felt full afterwards. I do not get spikes with loud sounds, so it's fine I guess, woke up with the same tone, nothing different. But my fullness didn't go away, although I can pop it by moving my jaw in a way.

Does this happen frequently? I am afraid I ruined the progress I had so far.

Thank you.

2. jjflyman

jjflyman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise (Concert)
      I think you will be fine in a few days. No permanent damage.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. Jack Barnes

Jack Barnes Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I agree with jjflyman. Wait a few days before you panic. I have had pretty extreme fullness following a loud noise but the most it has lasted was around 5 days before slowly returning to the "normal" level of fullness I have all the time. However, if within 1-2 days your hearing becomes muffled you may have a bigger problem on your hands.

I think most likely you will be ok though. :)

4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Ear fullness is a sign that something is wrong. You will want to avoid being exposed to noises that end up giving you ear fullness. Having said this, it tends to go away (but it might take months for this to happen).

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      paganismos
      Angelic

paganismos Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yeah, it went away already. Thank god.

Haha I shouldn't worry that much.

• Like Like x 1
    6. dm222
      Fine

dm222 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2018/02/23
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      after cold and ear syringing 20-30% of volume 06/2018
      How is your tinnitus now?

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      paganismos
      Angelic

paganismos Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi, I still have it. The tone it's there, but these past days I can only hear it if I lay my head on the pillow. It's low, I guess, most of the day it's gone for me and I have started to ignore it so even when it's quiet I can't really hear it (but it's there). The static is more present, sometimes it changes frequencies from high frequency hissing and sometimes it's lower, but it doesn't bother me that much, only when I'm anxious.

• Like Like x 1
    8. New Guy
      Doh

New Guy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced Hearing Loss
      The fullness comes and goes for me 6 weeks in. If I hear something louder or more high pitched than usual it comes back for anywhere from half a day to a few hours.

9. dm222
      Fine

dm222 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2018/02/23
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      after cold and ear syringing 20-30% of volume 06/2018
      Similar to me, I have static that is always present and the hiss that comes and goes.
      But probably yours is quieter as sometimes I can hear it during the day...

Been having ear fullness for years, wish I knew before it was related to loud noise...
      Now that the tinnitus striked Ive been more carefull and for almost 2 weeks my ears are not full....
      Too late for me now... Wish people were more informed about the symptoms that could indicate you are abusing your ears.

10. New Guy
      Doh

New Guy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced Hearing Loss
      I agree.

• Agree Agree x 2