High-Pitched "Drone" Tinnitus: Work-Related (Upholstery Work with a Compressor an Air Staple Guns)

Santfekuss

Author
Oct 15, 2024
Tinnitus Since
3 months
Cause of Tinnitus
Work related
Hi, I just found Tinnitus Talk. I've been suffering from a high-pitched "drone" sound in my left ear for about three months now, and I believe it's work-related. I work in a converted office with bare concrete walls, hard flooring, no windows, and one door, which is usually closed throughout the day.

We do upholstery work, so there's a compressor and two air staple guns running constantly. The noise is "trapped" in the room, so there's no escape, and I believe this may be causing my symptoms. There's nothing to cushion the sound, so it's constantly reverberating. I've recently started leaving the door open to let the noise escape, but this has led to complaints from other staff members.

I'm hoping to find some advice here.

Hi, I just found Tinnitus Talk. I've been suffering from a high-pitched "drone" sound in my left ear for about three months now, and I believe it's work-related. I work in a converted office with bare concrete walls, hard flooring, no windows, and one door, which is usually closed throughout the day.

We do upholstery work, so there's a compressor and two air staple guns running constantly. The noise is "trapped" in the room, so there's no escape, and I believe this may be causing my symptoms. There's nothing to cushion the sound, so it's constantly reverberating. I've recently started leaving the door open to let the noise escape, but this has led to complaints from other staff members.

I'm hoping to find some advice here.
Do you wear hearing protection?

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now