I Hear a Warbling, Vibrating Sound When I Yawn, Cry, or Turn My Head a Certain Way

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ineedhelp, Jan 30, 2024.

1. Ineedhelp

Ineedhelp Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Allergies
      Hi,

I've had tinnitus since July 2022. I sneezed one night and my ears started to ring. It was mainly in the left ear and it was a static sound. The doctor thought it was due to my allergies so I got treated for my allergies. I got hearing aids and used sound therapy. The tinnitus went down by half.

Well, about three weeks ago, I got a sinus infection. I was put on Amoxicillin which I've been on a few times since getting tinnitus and it never made it worse. Shortly after recovering from my sinus infection about a week and a half ago, I started to hear a high-pitched noise every time I yawned. Then one night, I was sitting in my room and, all of a sudden, I heard a high-pitched warbling, a kind of vibrating sound out of my right ear which is usually my good ear. I popped my ears and the sound went away. It intermittently came back but then would fade away again.

It has now started happening every time I yawn and it has begun to show up every time I try to cry or turn my head a certain way. I recently lost my mom and I've not even been able to cry because I'm so afraid of hearing the high-pitched sound.

I went back to the doctor and they said that I had some redness and fluid in my ear and put me on a course of Prednisone.

I'm very fearful that this new sound won't go away. It doesn't even sound like tinnitus. It sounds like something is literally vibrating in my ear but at a very high pitch. Even though the static sound annoyed me, I was getting used to it and I was learning to live my life around it. I don't know if I could live with two different tones in two different ears.

I don't know what to do. I can't even move a certain way without my ear shrieking.

• Hug Hug x 1