In Need of Some Wise Words...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ecip, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      Hey all.. Huge set back last night..
      I went to the dentist for a cleaning, and when she started using that ultrasonic cleaning tool it screeched pretty loudly, and I told her that I may have to get her to stop of it bothers my ears... Well it didn't really bother them, but after I got home they just started screaming.. Huge spike.. 11-12/10 instead of the usual 3-5/10.

I have no idea what to do now.. Think I'll take the day off work to stay in the quiet. Not sure if I should go see my family doctor to give him an update regarding this.. Not sure if this is acoustic trauma yet again and if I should start on prednisone all over... Couldn't sleep, really.. 2 hrs, maybe 3. Used some white noise and I got some relieve for an hour by not being able to hear the T, but couldn't really fall asleep with this high pitch jet engine trying to crack my skull, or with head phones in my ears. Fffffff.....

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Marlino
      Cowboy

Marlino Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hey pal. Sry to hear. Today seems to be really a shity day for many of us.

Im also in deepest desperation. I'm currently at a 9 (10 means death for me). No reason at all for it becoming bad. Until yesterday noon it was about 2 or 3 for three days. Usually i would rate my bad days as 7 or 8. But today its a plain 9.

Trying to kill the time at work. But I mean what the heck for? Home is not a shelter anymore with this noise in my head.

I'm botherimg my family and girlfriend with ever repeating 'i cannot do this anymore'. They don't know what to do. How to comfort me.

Wish you luck.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
    3. Vinnitus
      Tired

Vinnitus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      28/04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Also having a relatively bad day. Yesterday it was almost quiet...

I guess the alignment of the planets is not right for Tinnitus sufferers today.:p

• Like Like x 1
    4. slipware
      Bookworm

slipware Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Same here, spike has lasted a couple of days so far. Nothing new, it's done it many times before. Can cope with the noise, but it makes my head fuzzy too.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Marlino
      Cowboy

Marlino Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Cosmic rays ;)

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    6. Marlino
      Cowboy

Marlino Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      What really kills me is that it seems worsening for me in average. I have a tracking table, tal is tinnitus annoyance level: from 0 no problem, 1 acceptable, 2 non acceptable to 3 traumatic. Red graph is daily and blue is average over last ten days.

Attached Files:

7. Marlino
      Cowboy

Marlino Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      8 month in and at square one

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      That's how I feel.. gonna go talk to the doc first thing, I think...
      Not sure if its just the planet tilting on its axis and old man winter knocking at the door, or what? Even before the dentist during work I had a huge spike like I've never had. Ears ringing off the hook.. then tonight was just stupid.

At around 02:00 I woke up, felt like my head was going to crack open like an egg and spill its guts. I put headphones on, plugged em into my phone, and listened to that 30 min tinnitus white noise video.. it masked it really well. I couldnt hear the jet engine anymore and it calmed me. Need to find some headphones that will fit in the ears and are comfortable for laying on while asleep maybe.

Thanks for the replies; hopefully not too many more years until we can get a treatment or cure of some sorts...

9. MikeP505
      Curious

MikeP505 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Punishment for being so darn good looking!
      @Ecip

Hang in there bud. This tinnitus crap sure does suck! My tinnitus rages loud in both ears 24/7/365. If I EVER woke up once and it was lowered to a 5 or 7, I would call an ambulance and tell them to come get my corpse because I obviously must have died in order to lower my T!!! To top it off I am completely deaf other than "residual" hearing in the right ear that can make out loud noises and alarms etc. Try masking this loud nasty business with no hearing!

I would definitely tell your doctor about this spike and every event you go thru with this. At least he can keep better track of what you are going thru. In order for me to get a good 4 or 5 hour sleep at night, I take a 3mg melatonin tablet a half hour before I crash. I can buy these where I purchase vitamins. If they didn't have these off the shelf, I undoubtedly would now be a benzo addict.

As for the rest of you suffering a worse day today than most days, I hope things get better fast for you all. Planets aligning... cosmic rays..... hey a sun spot that burst an extra amount of energy?? Never know? Anything is possible once your Cholera has been damaged.

Hang in there everyone. It takes years to really adapt to this nonsense. Get plenty of rest whenever you can!!

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yea, when its as loud as it was last night its making my whole head vibrate, almost. For a phantom sound, thats pretty fucked up.

• Hug Hug x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @MikeP505 Hello Mr. Ontario. I'm in Alberta myself. Thanks for your kind words.
      There's a gene therapy trial on in the US for people that have hearing loss. I'd be all up in that shit.

12. MikeP505
      Curious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Ecip

Here is an interesting article you should read. Things are in the works but as you know, even if something positive is really discovered, it must go thru years of clinical trials etc to become a mainstream therapy. Read up on it and also click on the Dr. Alain Dabdoub that is underlined in the article. Gives you some insight on his works in progress.

http://hearinghealthfoundation.org/blog?blogid=251

13. MikeP505
      Curious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      By the way, totally love Alberta. Been to Calgary many times on my way to Banff in the past and also made my way to Edmonton on each occasion to visit an aunt and uncle there. Has been many years since I have been there but always enjoyed Alberta!

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @MikeP505

Indeed, will give it a read, thanks.

In other news, I have this number that keeps following me everywhere I go; I see it everywhere, its pops up everywhere. The number 37. Today's jackpot in the lotto max is 37 million. You bet I'm buying a ticket.

15. Marlino
      Cowboy

Marlino Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      At least you have the clue that it might be from the dentist. So you can avoid it somehow next time. Hope it is the reason. For me it always changing without any obvious reason.
      Maybe only thing I could still consider is watching on pc screen or maybe muscular tension. If not its just random left.

Be also happy that white noise works. I have my cicadas, which almost always help. Yesterday night it was different though. But still if I hadn't them, I would have said good bye by now.

Best wishes

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Well, I'm not really sure if it was the dentist.. even yesterday afternoon I had a huge spike.

17. Foncky
      Tired

Foncky Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music. Balloon. Genes.
      Unfortunately dental work is hardly avoidable when needed...

18. MikeP505
      Curious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Ecip

Funny you mentioned lotto max today. I barely ever purchase tickets for these draws but do the odd time the jackpots get crazy. Ah a man can dream no? So, last week the jackpot was huge and had all those bonus 1 million draws so I yanked out $5.00 and purchased a ticket with no encore. I matched a few numbers on a row and ended up with a free play. I just returned from the market where I needed milk and bread. I cashed in my free play and also spent $1.00 on the encore for chits and giggles. On one of my rows for tonights draw is the number 37! hmmmm. Also in the encore number i have 2137015. So there again is your number 37! I'll make yea a deal here and now. If I am the sole winner of the big jackpot, I will hand you 1 million cash dollars with a big smile on my face. However if you are the soul winner of the big pot, you must hand me 1 million cash. DEAL?? lol

19. MikeP505
      Curious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Three strings get together and dressed up for a night on the town. They walk downtown to a local club that has great parties and music. As they pass by they notice a sign that reads " No Strings Allowed". They huddle up kind of disappointed but decide to try to get in none the less.

First string walks up to the doorman and right away the hulky doorman yells out... " Hey!! No Strings Allowed".
      He goes back to his two friends disappointed.

The second string decides to try something. He frisks up his hair some, puts on some shades and a nice looking jacket and walks up to the door. Straight away the doorman stops him and yells " No Strings Allowed! The second string goes back to his friends and says it looks like they need to move on to another venue.

Well the third string gets more creative and says "watch this" to his buddies. He really messes up his hair, curls himself up a few times and limps up to the door. The doorman stops him and says " Hey, aren't you a string??" The third string replies........ frayed knot!! Doorman says OK and lets him in!!

Don't give up everyone. Hang tough with this crap we are suffering from.

• Hug Hug x 1
    20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Alright, thats a deal. I got no problem with that.
      Also, I wanted to say that I just returned from the doctor. The neurologist I saw a couple of months ago mentioned to him that Amitriptyline has been used successfully to treat subjective idiopathic tinnitus and he suggested I at least try it out.. so.. I agreed to two weeks @ 10 mg per day. See what happens... not happy about it but I'll try it I guess.

Turns out that the study done to see if it helps used 37.. yes, 37 test subjects.
      https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11771024

How about that.. fucking 37 again.

21. MikeP505
      Curious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Ecip

Getting a laugh from your number 37. Looking forward to meeting up with yea to hand you a cool mil in cash next week after I claim my 1st place prize and have the bank get the cash together for me. I'll be taking a Boeing 737 out your way when I come and I'm bringing 37 friends with me to party in Edmonton!

Let me know if the Amitriptyline helps in any way. Being an antidepressant it may actually take more than 2 weeks to be fully successful? For what I know about anti-d's are they take awhile to begin to work properly. I forget what anti-d my doc had me on once and had no idea it was an anti-d until after I looked it up 2 days later. I woke up 2 days after starting on what ever drug he gave me and it felt like my left eyeball was wanting to rotate into my head. Since then I have totally avoided anti-d's. Just don't trust them I guess.

I still get Diazepam 5mg, 30 per month from my doc. I use maybe 1 or 2 a week. The rest I store as he may decide to stop prescribing them one day and they help on my worst days. Think I have about 300 of the puppies stored now.

The only thing I take daily is a probiotic supplement ( Webber Naturals 30 Billion count with 8 different strains of good bacteria- Walmart $15.00 for 30 days supply) and most evenings I will dissolve a 3mg melatonin tablet under my tongue when I'm ready for bed. Buy them anywhere vitamins are sold.

So let me know how this new prescript works for you. I am indeed interested.

22. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hope you all have a better few days.
      Tinnitus can be tough going and mental torture but it's got to get better over time .
      Down times can only go up....stay positive we will get through it...
      Lots of love glynis x

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    23. MikeP505
      Curious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @glynis

Hope your feeling somewhat better today. Thinking about you and I know how strong you are. Hate to know you are suffering some bad times also. Glad you took some time off of work and are resting more ( i hope ).

Big hugs your way!!

Mike

24. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @MikeP505 ,
      Today had been tough and again a few tears.
      My duel purpose hearing aids struggling to help and 5 week wait to get them checked and my ears.
      Collected my little grandson from school today hes a ray of sunshine and got me out in the fresh air for a half hour trip each way.
      He was being his cheeky little self and soon had his granny smiling despite the rain.
      Got through the day and looking forward to a long sleep after taking a sleeping pill knock me out I hope.
      Hope you had a nice day and ears being kind...lots of love glynis

• Hug Hug x 1
    25. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Looking forward to that party, but it best be a quiet party.
      But the roles might be reversed. I'd prefer to take an A320 anyhow. [emoji106]

I still have a few diazepams laying around also. Haven't had one in since February probably. I cut one in half and it did it for me lol

• Like Like x 1
    26. MikeP505
      Curious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @glynis

Seems to be something in the air today with many sufferers. I have had no increase or decrease and nothing unusual but so many are having a hard time today. There may be more that effects tinnitus than we know. Cosmic rays? Planets aligning in a weird way? Sunspots spouting off extra energy? Just seems like yesterday and today have been bad for many.

Glad you had some laughs with your grandson. Kids can really bring many smiles. Sleep well and keep us all posted on how you are feeling please.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    27. MikeP505
      Curious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @glynis

Just thinking about you and hoping things are improving some. Big hugs from Canada.

• Hug Hug x 1
    28. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @MikeP505 ,
      Struggling and so low...lots of love glynis x

• Hug Hug x 2
    29. MikeP505
      Curious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      We love you Glynis. Wishing you a speedy recovery, even a little recovery!!

• Hug Hug x 1
    30. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Thank you @MikeP505,
      Been a tough weekend added to it by a family member....
      Thank God we have a lovely supportive Tinnitus Talk family....lots of love glynis x