Increased Pulsatile Tinnitus Due to Virus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by AuntSally, Nov 13, 2016.

1. AuntSally

AuntSally Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      I contracted a sickness bug off my family yesterday. Because I have pulsatile tinnitus I noticed an increase in my heart rate last evening when I didn't feel well. And then I was sick. I hardly slept last night as usual. Just one hour. I tried a strong brew of chamomile tea middle of the night but it didn't work. I haven't been sick again but my stomach is definitely still off.

This morning my tinnitus is literally screaming at a pitch never before experienced. Could this be due to being sick with a stomach virus? Will it settle?

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Samantha R

Samantha R Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Sounds likely as the increase coincides with you not feeling well.....
      Hope it settles down for you soon. X

3. gotyoubynuts

gotyoubynuts Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      Where's your patience. Sickness bug yesterday and you are already wondering if your spike is there to last.

How do you think anyone else could know if your spike is going to last. That's the stupidest question on the face of the earth no offense.

Give it a few months for pete's sake.

4. Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      You: Says no offense but continues to insult people. Have some respect. You are being rude and disrespectful.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AuntSally

AuntSally Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Yeah was only wondering if anyones else had experienced the same. Its the first time ive been ill since I contracted tinitus five months ago. That said, after this mornings jet engine things have settled a bit. Always paranoid during spikes.

6. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @Kazue I agree that @gotyoubynuts could have put his comments more delicately and politely, but he does have a point I'm afraid. It is very easy to become paranoid over tinnitus and it is for this reason medications are sometimes needed to reduce stress and anxiety. However, he did redeem himself by saying: his comments meant no offence.