Jumping/Jogging Changes the Pitch: A Sign of Somatic Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by R0B, Aug 28, 2023.

?

Does your tinnitus change in pitch when jogging/jumping?

1. Yes, it changes

2. No, it stays the same

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. R0B

R0B Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I am trying to figure out if this is an indication of somatic tinnitus because I would like to know if mine is somatic. Mine is constant, 24/7 high pitch.

When I jog or jump up and down I notice that it changes in pitch. On the downward motion, it goes up in pitch. So as I'm jogging or jumping up and down, it constantly goes up in pitch on every downward motion. Just to be clear this is not a lasting effect. The pitch changes on each downward motion but goes back to normal instantly.

I'm trying to understand if this is just a natural occurrence that happens to all sounds or if this is a sign that I may have somatic tinnitus. Any feedback would be helpful :)

2. OptimusPrimed
      Spaced

OptimusPrimed Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma - Repeated gun blasts
      I have the same type of tinnitus. Chronic ringing but also a pulsating high-pitched tinnitus. It also is in sync with my heartbeat when I run etc, and if I yawn, I get a louder separate tinnitus sound. Mine was caused by gunshots but worsened by Bruxism.

This is somatosensory tinnitus but I believe your jumping tinnitus is pulsatile somatosensory tinnitus.

I’m also willing to bet that if you jut/move your mandible forward, the hissing will stop!

Let me know!

• Agree Agree x 3
    3. 2noist

2noist Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      I experience this too but then again my tinnitus is VERY somatic!

• Like Like x 1