Just Discovered I Have Tinnitus. Has Anyone Ever Recovered? And One More Question

Discussion in 'Support' started by Twisted_ether, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Twisted_ether

Twisted_ether Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Don't know. Likely had it for a few months at least, but noticed and recognized as tinnitus on 10/2015, perhaps due to higher volume
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure, (a) lot of stress lately, (b) whole body vibration machine
      Hello folks. I am hoping if some of you could please answer my questions as I am feeling quite anxious at times. Two days ago, I finally discovered the ringing sound that is always in my ears is not something everyone hears. Surprise! I believe I have had this for years. But I don't know when it started or the cause. Perhaps the intensity increased or what have you, thatI finally got compelled to check on internet. Turns out it is indeed tinnitus (4500 Hz frequency). This is a tough situation. I can no longer sleep. I don't know how much of it is me becoming conscious of the sound or the sound becoming louder or both. I can still easily carry on a conversation and the sound recedes in the background. It bothers me that sleep is getting hindered and that I don't know for how long I have had it, and what caused it. Of course I did put an ear bud all the time in my ears because it gets very itchy inside, which I am sure has done at least some damage. I read that I may have pushed the wax inside and that could be one of the reasons (?). I have taken an appt with ENT this week. But my sound comes from inside so not sure if this is trauma based too (?)

Here are my questions. PLEASE please see if you can answer them. I would be so grateful to you.

1. Has anyone here on the forums ever recovered completely or almost completely from tinnitus? I understand that many advise I have to just accept it and live with it. And if that is the case, then so be it. But I would still like to know.

2. The tinnitus I have is a ringing sound high pitched frequency (4500Hz frequency...you can hear the sound here
      7500 Hz sine wave audio frequency / Sinuston
      ). Can you say something about it based on this frequency as to whether it is more treatable, manageable, worse, etc? Does anyone have this frequency tinnitus?

3. Is there anyway to determine how long I have had this? I am guessing not, but who knows.

L0oking forward to your responses :)

K

2. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      That's exactly the frequency in one of my ears.
      This is my opinion based on something that took me all the way from this hell and "back to silence" you might say. It's my opinion that you should immediately stop measuring the volume and frequency etc.....
      It's counter productive.
      Tame this beast now. Search "Back To Silence."

• Useful Useful x 1
    3. suera

suera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2010
      Mine is in the 12,000-14,ooo range. No it never goes away. Maybe you are having a spike and it will settle back down to your normal range. Try to find something to mask it, load that sound into an ipod and listen to it 24/7, that is what I do.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Twisted_ether

Tinnitus Since:
      Don't know. Likely had it for a few months at least, but noticed and recognized as tinnitus on 10/2015, perhaps due to higher volume
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you @I who love music. It was a great post. I have a few questions that I am asking you there on your thread.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Twisted_ether

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you @suera
      Oh god...is there really no one whose high pitched tinnitus has gone or close to gone?? I will even take 75-85% gone.

6. Hariz Nonis
      Loved

Hariz Nonis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Well for me, it did get quiet for 3 days Fri-Sun. It's Tuesday here, and yesterday it got to it's usual loudness after three nice 'quiet' days I had. Idk if that's progress made or the T just taking a break from disturbing me. Hopefully it's the former

7. joseph Ghass
      Angelic

joseph Ghass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      Loud sounds should subside in a year.