Magic Mushrooms "Reset" the Brain

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by JohnnyMx, Oct 13, 2017.

1. JohnnyMx
      Sunshine

JohnnyMx Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Apr/2013
    2. Nick07
      Balanced

Nick07 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      possibly noise or unknown
      I'm not sure if it's related or not, but there was a study on a component ecstasy, MDMA, that a study indicated gave patients seven plus days of relief from tinnitus. There's also a ton of anecdotal evidence that it helped with tinnitus. I really wish little things like legality wouldn't get in the way of people seeking treatment.

3. Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      I ate magic mushrooms back in september 2015. Mushrooms are not for everyone and something I do not recommend to everyone. It took me to one of the darkest places I have ever been to. So to say it can cure depression is not entirely true, because it can work on the opposit. The effects lasted 7 hours for me and felt like an eternity literally and the mood swings quite heavily. You can experience the best feeling you've ever done with enlightment and you get like smart as fuck.....but when it drags you to the darkness you dont want to be there.

If you are depressed or have anxiety do not eat magic mushrooms.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    4. Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      MDMA is a way better option of depressed people cause it makes you feel 120% joy and happiness and you rarely get a bad trip from it, if ever. Unless you take a very high dose or mixture it with a lot of different things.

5. Reinier
      Not amused

Reinier Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Explosion starting engine
      I was just on the verge of posting this link: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/319746.php?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=daily&utm_term=MNT Daily News (Combined)
      when I read this thread.

I am not interested in "getting high".
      Therefore I could start with very small amounts and increase slowly. I would not want to end up having a "bad trip".
      But nevertheless I was thinking , could this help with my anxiety?

For the following reason:
      There is talk about this "fight or flight" response.
      Quote: The whole-brain analyses performed by the researchers showed a decreased cerebral blood flow in the temporal cortex, including in the almond-shaped amygdala, or the brain's so-called fear hub, which processes our "fight-or-flight" response.
      End quote.
      I always wondered if these parts of my brain are still not like they where before my noise incident. I still get tense when I know I could find myself in noisy surroundings. Something that happens subconsciously. I also feel that the small muscles in my ears react too fast or early. (relatively low sound levels).

• Like Like x 1
    6. Luman
      Benevolent

Luman Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Intermittent Tinnitus probably noise induced
      If I were going to take a powerful psychedelic substance such as psilocybin mushrooms, LSD, peyote, mescaline (synthesized peyote), etc., with tinnitus, I'd have a person with experience sit with me, and I'd have some kind of rescue drug(s) on hand, such as Thorazine, to bring me down if needed. Basically, I ain't going to try it, lol. Good thread, though, some people could probably handle advanced tinnitus and tripping, and even benefit from it, but I'd suspect very few would be capable without medical supervision.

7. Reinier
      Not amused

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Luman and @Raphael7713 probably good advice. I am somewhat reluctant and very careful. But also curious to see if there are more people with first hand experience. After all I understand there are plenty people that do use it.
      I do not know if it is legal or condoned in the Netherlands. I know there are shops where you can buy these mushrooms. They do not appear to be illegal. I am sure I can easily find out on the internet.

8. Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      What I know about Netherlands is that they banned mushrooms but allowed truffels. But they are more or less the same.

9. Reinier
      Not amused

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      What's in a name :)
      In the big city I see several shops specialized in mushroom (or perhaps truffels). This is all they do. Advertise and sell these mushrooms. But something similar was also happening with the so called coffee-shops.
      Perhaps they are able to sell them, but not grow them.:LOL:

10. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Magic Mushrooms.
      Now thats a blast from the past when I was given a drink of tea made with magic mushrooms without knowing....
      OMG what I went through after .....a prank was all it was but not nice have it done on you....
      Love glynis