Morse Code / Typewriter / Hammer Sound Tinnitus: Could a Car Drive Have Caused This?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Zigs, Sep 28, 2024 at 9:43 AM.

1. Zigs

Zigs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Hey,

After a really horrendous pain spike just over a week ago, we decided that I should stay in an Airbnb somewhere quiet for a few weeks to try and calm my system down. I have two young children and a dog, and I live on a main road, so there is constant noise in my house. For various reasons, we had to drive 40 minutes, and then a day or two later, almost an hour. This was after I hadn’t left the house in over a month.

The days after the drive were fine—I felt really good and calm, especially on Wednesday. However, on Thursday, I woke up with my ears going haywire and have since developed this constant Morse code-like noise in my left ear. It feels like someone is banging a hammer in my ear, and I’m at my wits’ end.

Could it have been the drive? Or maybe it was the neck massages I was doing a lot on Wednesday—could that be it? I can barely function anymore, and I don’t know what to do. Every time I think I’m seeing some positive signs, I get a new horrendous symptom. Please send advice.