IvanRus

Author
Jul 2, 2017
Tinnitus Since
04/2017
Cause of Tinnitus
ototoxicity
Hi,

I have moderate hearing loss (although I never checked above 8 kHz). Along with this hearing loss, I developed terrible tinnitus in both ears, which tormented me and led to suicidal thoughts. I suffered for 1.5 years and was in absolute despair of ever getting rid of it. All the research and studies on tinnitus felt distant and implausible to me.

From time to time, after attending loud events, I took Prednisolone on my own, fearing my condition would worsen. Once, after taking Prednisolone for three days, I felt awful; my blood sugar dropped, and I was terrified. I ran from hospital to hospital, taking tests, feeling terrible about what I had done. My health was poor, and I was in a state of panic.

But during all this chaos and shock, something unexpected happened. I internally realized that tinnitus had become insignificant to me. Other, more pressing problems emerged, and perhaps because of that, I began to truly forget about tinnitus, even for a few minutes. Surprisingly, I started thinking about it less and less. Until one day, I stopped and realized I couldn't hear it anymore. It was still there, somewhere deep in my brain, but my mind didn't register it at all. I had to consciously search for it to notice it.

This all happened in a matter of days. I believe it was because I had to focus on more life-threatening issues, and as a result, I stopped hearing tinnitus 99% of the time. I don't know exactly how it worked, but it did.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now