New Here and Wanted to Share Experience

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Tonynegs, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Tonynegs

Tonynegs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello all,

I’ve had tinnitus since I was 12 years old. Not sure what brought it on since it was so long ago (I am 33 now) but all I can say is since I got it, it has never stopped. Constant ringing 24 hours a day 7 days a week. I have grown use to it through the years and I don’t really notice it anymore. When I do notice it I joke to myself and say how scared I’d be if it ever stopped and I didn’t hear it. It does interfere with my hearing from a distance sometimes and some noises I tend to not hear but for the most part I can hear just as good as anyone else around me.

My reason for signing up and writing this was because I came down with a cold last week and yesterday went to the doctors office and got a script for zpack. Started it yesterday and I noticed for the first time in many years my tinnitus has doubled in noise level. I am trying to fall asleep right now and it is loud! Lol. Thought that was interesting because it’s been many years since I remember it being this loud. Usually it’s a low ringing, or what I perceive as low from the years and years of hearing it. It’s like I am at a rock concert right now and I found that interesting. The only change the last 2 days from my normal schedule was the antibiotics.

Thanks for reading ... talk to you later

Tony

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      You stopped taking that antibiotic, right?

3. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      I use to get strep throat all the time and i was on zpack quite a bit. For me it never raised my baseline tinnitus levels, if it did and I got a spike..then eventually it got better. I am not in favor of meds, but if I have a real bad health issue and it(meds) must be taken, then I will take it.

Hope you feel better buddy :)

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tonynegs

Tonynegs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I only have 2 days left so I am going to finish it out. I really need it because I got really sick and I am allergic to penicillin and all the other cillins

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tonynegs

Tonynegs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you :) ... my wife can’t believe I’ve had it for so many years and not tried to do anything about it. I told her I wouldn’t feel normal without the ringing, it would probably be terrifying to me to hear the silence without the ringing. This is all I’ve ever known lol.