Newbie to the Forum, But Not to Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by rms, May 14, 2017.

1. rms

rms Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1970?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown have had it all my life
      Hey guys, Glad I finally found a place where I can talk to people who understand what it is like to never hear (ha ha) silence. I have had T most if not all of my life. I am 53 yrs old. When I was really young I thought that the slight ringing was normal (I thought everyone heard it). I can remember asking my mother once why the lights were so loud that day. That earned me a trip to the doctor to get my hearing checked and I realized for the first time that the ringing in my ears was not "normal".

Fast forward to age 53. I have experienced most of the "causes" of T so it as become really loud in my head more often than not. I have noticed on really bad days that if I totally disconnect from electronics, everything electric, loud noises (yep sometimes that means people) and go outside I get some relief. Nature sounds seem to drown it out quit a bit. It gets really bad during allergy season and when the baremetric pressure changes rapidly. This past year it has really kicked up several dozen notches to the point that sometimes the ringing is so loud that I can't hear anything from the outside.

Have decided to start checking with the doctor. Not sure anything will come of it though. It took me until 49 yrs old to figure out I have a gluten issue. That journey lasted apx 30 yrs quite a few doctors (and money) and I finally figured it out with the help of a friend that has celiac who suggested an allergen elimenation diet. Of course after I figured it out the doctors said they could run some tests and do a biopsy (but I would have to go back on gluten). Yep not looking forward to the journey with the doctors.

If anyone has ideas and suggestions for relief I'm open.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk,
      You might find Cinarazine 15mg tabs help as can help reduce tinnitus for some people.
      It's a antihistamine but used for Tinnitus and Menieres.

Love glynis