Noise-Induced Tinnitus Seems to Be Improving — I Also Have MS (Multiple Sclerosis)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jhay, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Jhay

Jhay Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan. 14
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Hello,

I am a 25-year-old woman! I used music for 3 months to mask my work environment while working for Walmart. When my tinnitus started in January it wasn't bothersome until I woke up and it was blaring and unbearable to handle.

I am a women's basketball collegiate coach. I couldn't talk to anyone in the beginning. It was terrible and I am just now getting sleep and coping.

I have seen much improvement and had a couple of times with no tinnitus at all!

I also have MS and the next day after seeing an audiologist, I had a nasty flair, which I've been having since January. Makes me wonder if it's MS that's causing this. I have moderately severe high frequency loss in my right (8 kHz) and moderate in my right ear.

My neurologist said once I start my treatment for MS, the ringing should stop. I have seen much improvement but now nothing seems to be happening in terms of further positive progress. It's only been 2 months. I guess I have time still and I started my treatment over a week ago for multiple sclerosis. Praying things get better.

I'm still clingy to hope! Do you think I will recover and the tinnitus will go away? The ENT doctor said no!

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Matchbox
      Wishful

Matchbox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced, Prednisone (drones), Barotrauma (distortions)
      Is your treatment just Prednisone + other immunosuppressants?

If so, that's why, and no it's unlikely you'd get more benefit without serious risks if using high dose steroids.

3. Jcmc

Jcmc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Very Loud Headphones!
      When did your MS start?
      When did your tinnitus start?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jhay

Jhay Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan. 14
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I was on the Prednisone first, then stopped and got on the Methylprednisolone. Tinnitus was improving. My first symptom happened around January 9, then the ringing started on the January 14.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jhay

Jhay Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan. 14
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      My tinnitus is still bothering me. I had severe tinnitus in the beginning but it definitely lowered from before. A few months ago I experienced a lot of improvement and now I don't know what is happening. One day it is a constant shhhhh and super loud and the next day it sounds like sizzling and buzzing. Like one day it's really loud and then the next not so much. I can sleep now unlike before. It's a rollercoaster. I don't think I'm making any improvement :(

I really just want to this to go away. I measure my hearing and I do not believe my ENT and audiologist knew what they were talking. He told me I suffered from 8 kHz hearing loss and I wouldn't be able to hear birds chirping or sirens in the distance.

But here's the kicker... I do. I hear them all the time, smh! I'm just annoyed by the noises in my ears and head.

They have changed significantly from the beginning but it's so much to deal with. I'm guessing I'll be stuck with this forever.

• Hug Hug x 2
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jhay

Jhay Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan. 14
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I am 3 months into tinnitus. I thought I was getting better with sleep, but now not so much. It’s starting to get hot and I have a window airconditioning unit. I believe it is triggering my tinnitus and makes it louder.

Am I making the healing process worse? I felt like I was making a lot of improvements to the point I thought my tinnitus will fade into silence gradually. I’m so annoyed but I’m still holding on to my faith! But I just feel I want it to go away!

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Useful Useful x 1
    7. IntotheBlue03

IntotheBlue03 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cervical/TBD
      Hey Jhay, how are you doing?

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jhay

Jhay Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan. 14
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Hello. I’m still experiencing the ringing but less intrusive. I believe it’s going down but I’m not sure. I pray it keeps lowering.

• Hug Hug x 3
    9. IntotheBlue03

IntotheBlue03 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cervical/TBD
      I'm glad to hear you are doing better. How did you get diagnosed with MS at such a young age? Curious if tinnitus or hearing loss was your first symptom? I suspect I also have an autoimmune disease and am treating with LDN.

10. ajc

ajc Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2002; spike 2009; worse 2017-18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music - noise damage
      "It's most commonly diagnosed in people in their 20s and 30s, although it can develop at any age. It's about 2 to 3 times more common in women than men."

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/multiple-sclerosis/