The Upcoming Mpox Vaccine — Ciprofloxacin Conundrum

Discussion in 'Support' started by Nick47, Aug 23, 2024.

1. Nick47

Nick47 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral/noise
      The next potential pandemic may already be upon us. Good old monkeypox has been rebranded as "mpox," and vaccines are being rolled out to 'save us' once again. In England, the NHS is already encouraging vulnerable individuals to take them.

However, there’s a key caveat: one of the ingredients is Ciprofloxacin, a powerful and well-known antibiotic. It's also one of the few (or many, depending on whether you believe the paranoid claims circulating on social media or from people like Neil Baumann) drugs that is potentially ototoxic.

Others on Tinnitus Talk have pointed out additional unpleasant side effects as well.

So, here’s a heads-up for ensuring "informed consent."

• Informative Informative x 4
    2. Elmer B Fuddled

Elmer B Fuddled Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      plugged nasal eustachian tube
      Well, if you look more closely, you'll see that mpox is more prominent among gay and bisexual people and those in close contact with others. It feels like just another case of Big Brother forcing drugs into our bodies. Hurry and be the first on your block to "enjoy" mpox.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. momus

momus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1998
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      antibiotics
      I assume that goes for heterosexual couples too :>]

Thanks for the heads-up on the vaccine. I'm going to wait and see until there's enough data to really understand its effects. However, I'm definitely concerned about the antibiotic, as it was an antibiotic that caused my tinnitus in the first place.

4. Elmer B Fuddled

Elmer B Fuddled Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      plugged nasal eustachian tube
      Yep, I'd be very careful about ototoxic drugs. I'm glad I don’t take anything to calm myself or manage the tinnitus—I just live with it.

The way the government pushed the COVID-19 vaccines felt like they were shoving them down our throats. My concern was how they could develop a vaccine in such a short time when it took years to develop one for the flu. It’s interesting, very interesting. Also, it feels like another way to control the populace or maybe even kill off people.

So yeah, I'd look for reports on the vaccine's side effects, especially how it affects people with tinnitus.

Take care,
      Elmer

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. BB23
      Insomnious

BB23 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2023
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Antibiotics and mirtazapine
      Ciprofloxacin is neurotoxic and can cause a multitude of issues beyond tinnitus. Some people have been permanently disabled after taking just one pill.

Common side effects include insomnia, headaches, burning neuropathy, suicidal ideation, delirium, joint crackling, tendon rupture, muscle pain, and gut issues. You can easily find more information about it with a quick online search; it's very common for people to be harmed by this drug.

I am one such case...

6. Cmspgran
      Doubtful

Cmspgran Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Ciprofloxacin actually comes with a black box warning, as so many people have been done in by it.

I’ve been prescribed it before and refused to take it, specifically asking for Doxycycline instead.

• Agree Agree x 1