The Volume and Frequency of My Tinnitus Have Changed

Discussion in 'Support' started by andrew israel, Jul 7, 2024.

1. andrew israel

andrew israel Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      sensorineural hearing loss
      I am having a double whammy. I recently went through a divorce, and then I recently found out that I probably will have surgery to take care of a bulging disk and stenosis in my neck. A few months ago, my tinnitus went from being pretty predictable to being super loud when I woke up at 3:00 am. It sounds like a loud hair dryer.

My tinnitus masking is pretty good. I try to tell myself it's harmless.

I have been taking Seroquel and Clonidine since March, and I'm also on Lexapro.

I got tinnitus due to SSNHL back in 2015.

I was hoping to get off sleeping medications, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. I keep fit by walking and going to the pool.

I also have been using a BIOFLEX (I rented it after going to Toronto BIOFLEX clinic) cold laser for my body pain, but it does nothing for my tinnitus.

If anyone has any suggestions or strategies for things to try, let me know.

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. sspencermo

sspencermo Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2023
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      COVID-19 vac? who knows?
      Do they think the bulging disc and stenosis in your neck are linked to your increased tinnitus? If so, the surgery might help.

How is your hearing? Have you experienced any further hearing loss after your SSNHL in 2015? Some people with hearing loss find hearing aids effectively reduce their tinnitus.

I wish I had more suggestions for you. I take a low dose of Mirtazapine and Melatonin for sleep (very effective) and mask sometimes during the day. Hang in there...

• Like Like x 1