Think I'm Turning the Corner

Discussion in 'Support' started by Tinizzy, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Tinizzy
      Wishful

Tinizzy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi guys.

I feel like I'm turning towards the positive. I feel like in time I will be fine. I have confidence.

But I still feel very fragile about it and still feel some anxiety (although it's lessening little by little). Is this okay?

• Like Like x 3
      • Hug Hug x 2
    2. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      thats more than okay.

so happy to read this

xxx

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    3. NimQ
      Alienated

NimQ Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2011, got worse 09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Wonderful attitude @Tinizzy - this, I think, is the root of all habituation and dealing with all those scary feelings that come with T. You will indeed be alright and it is okay still to be a little fragile, we are just humans after all. Being conscious about it all is what matters. This can be a long process, so give it time and also don't be discouraged from setbacks. The progress isn't always linear, it can go up and down. This happens to me at least and therefore it's really important to cherish those good moments, days and weeks. Then if there are darker moments, remember these positive feelings and how you already once achieved them. Hold on to them and you will be okay.

(This is all easy to say. It's been a year since my T worsened and I still get struggle now and then. But I also get more and more longer periods of time when I am fine and T is not such a big scary threat anymore. Worth it, definitely!)

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tinizzy
      Wishful

Tinizzy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @NimQ Thanks for your reply. Right now I feel like Im mainly annoyed by the noise. It sometimes makes me cringe since it is high pitched. Hope that reaction will change too

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      This is great! it's ok, you are doing fine and moving forward is a great thing... Keep up the good work