Tinnitus After Using Naseptin Cream (Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride and Neomycin Sulfate)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by stledge, Feb 13, 2024.

1. stledge

stledge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2024
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possibly Naseptin Cream
      Hi. I was prescribed Naseptin cream in July 2023 for nosebleeds. I ended up in A&E in August due to further nosebleeds. My nostril was packed and I was advised to keep using the cream and consider going private to get a cauterisation done. I got this done in late August and was advised to use this cream for two weeks or so until my nostril healed.

I assumed this cream was safe and I have been using it on and off until the end of January 2024. I've used a full 15g tube and now I suddenly have developed tinnitus which is driving me crazy.

I had no idea this cream was dangerous, I was never advised of this at any time by the doctor, consultant or A&E doctor.

The doctor isn't sure whether one small tube would be enough to cause tinnitus.

Anybody else have any experience of this cream?

2. chaarmac

chaarmac Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2024
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Naseptin
      I started taking Naseptin today and this evening I have a constant beep in my right ear.

3. Jammer

Jammer Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I found this bit on PubMed from 1988:
      Many drugs are known to be ototoxic, but unfortunately for us, doctors have no clue.