Tinnitus and Struggling to Hear in Noisy Environments After a Night Out at a Club without Earplugs

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ant_BXL, Oct 21, 2023.

1. Ant_BXL

Ant_BXL Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2023
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Club visit/loud music
      Hello,

My name is Ant, and I am 34 years old. I wanted to reach out because I've been facing a challenging situation recently. About four weeks ago, I developed tinnitus after a night out at a club, where I was exposed to loud music for about two hours without earplugs. Although my hearing test showed no significant issues (based on test results from ENT), I've noticed that I struggle to hear in noisy environments, especially around sounds like cars, ventilations, and planes. I have also noticed that sometimes my voice is feeling louder, or sound different, than before, not sure what that is?

Additionally, I've been experiencing a sensation of blocked ears and heightened sensitivity to specific sounds. I've tried treatments like Cortisone and Injections, but unfortunately, they didn't provide sustained relief, except for a few days initially.

I also have a two-year-old, which makes dealing with loud noises even more challenging.

Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read!

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum.

It seems that you have suffered acoustic trauma from noise exposure. As such, your ears are unstable now with your stated symptoms, especially the blocked ears and sound sensitivity, which may be hyperacusis typical of acoustic trauma. Try to be patient with this, as usually the ears may take months to settle down. If the tinnitus bothers you, try masking it. Try to wear earplugs in louder places or better yet, to stay away from louder places. Try to read success stories, especially those folks with acoustic trauma to see how they got better. Try to be patient and positive to avoid developing too much stress and anxiety which are bad for the ringing.

So hang in there. Take care. God bless your recovery.

• Like Like x 1