Tinnitus and the Passing of Relatives

Discussion in 'Support' started by El BUZZ, Jun 19, 2023.

1. El BUZZ
      Buzzed

El BUZZ Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Something that has always haunted me since I developed tinnitus has been the idea of having to go through the passing of my beloved ones, having this noise in my head.

I've just lost a really beloved uncle and the depressing feeling of loss plus a more acute sense of how fragile and futile our existences are, is overwhelming. Thing is, two months ago I also lost another very, very beloved uncle of mine. It seems I processed that loss much better, but now, having to cope with both losses plus a raucous loud tinnitus is something I feel I can not chew anymore. Too depressing.

• Hug Hug x 6
    2. SarahMLFlemmer

SarahMLFlemmer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/20/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Accutane (withdrawl)
      Aww. My deepest condolences. I lost my Mom and Dad but that was before I developed tinnitus. It'll be hard, but I know we can push through! God bless you and keep you sane EI BUZZ.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    3. Ivanom
      Studious

Ivanom Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe bad eating / cold
      I think you should visit a psychotherapist in order to fix those negative thoughts about life. Death is part of our lives, but that does not mean our lives are futile. If possible, read the book “The Power of Now” by Eckhart Tolle.

• Hug Hug x 2
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      El BUZZ
      Buzzed

El BUZZ Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      So sorry for your loss. Losing my parents is something which has always terrified me a lot. Living it through the tinnitus "filter" has to be a horrible experience. I have neither brothers nor sisters to share the grief with.

Thanks again for your words.
      I had everything about life/death mostly figured out but losing two really beloved and close relatives in a row in such a short span of time and living it while my tinnitus was/is spiking as hell, is a HARD pill to swallow.

Thanks for your time and words, mate. Hugs.

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      I lost my Mom before I got tinnitus but lost my Dad after I had it or during. He was in a home and I couldn't really explain what happened to me.

It's all depressing.

• Hug Hug x 1