• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Tinnitus from Omeprazole and Sound Editing?

Ray Cardillo

Author
Jan 1, 2024
Tinnitus Since
Cause of Tinnitus
Unknown
I'm mostly a professional software engineer (and now engineering manager) but I dabble in a lot of other pursuits on the side (including audio/video). I first noticed that I had tinnitus when I was about 30, although it's probably been there longer. It seems to be intermittent, or perhaps I just notice it more days than others. Once I ask myself if I can hear it, it always seems to be there. :)

It hasn't really affected my life very much so far, but as I got older it seems to be more noticeable. I have had reflux for a long time, and Omeprazole was my go to solution even when it was only prescription. So maybe that's a factor. I have also been doing a lot of audio engineering work with studio headphone on while editing YouTube videos and such, so maybe that's a contributing factor as well.

Honestly, I didn't know either of those were "a thing" until I started reading through posts here, so I'm already thankful for this forum for helping to share information like that.

P.S., I recently discovered research from 2023 that showed how some specific binaural beats was able to help some folks. So that's something I'm experimenting with, and it seems to be helping. Fingers crossed.

P.P.S., I tend to hit forums and social media in waves of intense participation followed by waves of prolonged absense depending on work and where the wind blows me, but I'll try to participate when I can.

It was more likely the sound editing than Omeprazole. You're very lucky if it doesn't affect you very much. Protect your ears in loud situations and you'll probably be fine.

I've heard some people say Omeprazole could cause tinnitus but I don't really think it's the case.

Omeprazole can cause vitamin B12 deficiency which can lead to tinnitus though. Have you got your B12 levels checked or tried B12 supplements? Might not be a bad idea.

I would check your hearing. See if there is any hearing loss, because as we age tinnitus is likely to get worse as we lose natural hearing.

I don't know much about Omeprazole so can't comment.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now