Tinnitus from Shingrix Vaccine

Discussion in 'Support' started by jjjcmar, Sep 3, 2023.

1. jjjcmar

jjjcmar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2023
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi. I had my 2nd Shingrix vaccine on 21st of August. Four days later on 25th of August I developed the ringing in my ears. I am not sure if it is from the vaccine or some other issue (I have had a sinus infection a few weeks ago).

Has anyone else developed tinnitus from the Shingrix vaccine? Was it long lasting? I only saw a few threads on this issue, but not much.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. RunningMan
      Stressed

RunningMan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      HiFrq ~2000, Increased 2022, LoFrq ~2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise - clubs, stereos, cycles, headphones, engines,etc
    3. Óscar PP
      Psychedelic

Óscar PP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Does Shingrix use live virus? If not, and I believe that's the case, you could try Prednisone/Hydrocortisone injections in your ear or if you prefer it, just take them orally to try and lessen the tinnitus.

There's always a risk with steroids making things worse, but in your case I'd give them a try. Don't let too much time go by though, there's a short window of 1-2 weeks since onset.

4. RB18

RB18 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Shingrex vaccine
      I got very sick after my second Shingrex vaccine. The tinnitus started on day four and it has been continuous since that time which is almost three years ago. I wish I would have never had the vaccine as the tinnitus has changed my life. It’s frustrating that this side effect is not discussed in any of the information about Shingrex.

• Hug Hug x 1