Tinnitus Since Shooting My .308 Rifle Four Years Ago: The Ringing Has Gotten Worse Over the Years

johnnyovercash7

Author
Oct 16, 2024
Tinnitus Since
Cause of Tinnitus
Loud gunshot maybe
I believe, though I can't say for sure, that it started around the time I shot my .308 rifle for the first time, about four years ago. I'm not sure if my ears were ringing before that, but over the years, the ringing has progressively gotten louder. Anytime my eyes are open, it's at 4700 megahertz (at least that's what I think it's called). I did the simulator test to match the sound.

I read on the forum that the antidepressant drug Escitalopram, 20 mg (generic for Lexapro), might be making the ringing louder. I've been off it for three days now, hoping for improvement. I'll keep you updated.

Hey man, I'm sorry to hear about your trouble with tinnitus. I'm still early in my experience, so I can't give you specific advice about Escitalopram. However, I'm on Citalopram, which is a similar drug, and I've recently increased to 40 mg without noticing much difference. That said, it's not exactly the same medication.

How are you managing day-to-day? Do you use sound therapy to help?

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now