Tinnitus with Balance Issue

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by MCarrie, Feb 21, 2015.

1. MCarrie
      Gloomy

MCarrie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Hi everyone. I'm new to T, I woke up February 8th with ringing in my left ear that wouldn't stop. Went to the ER who gave me predisone. The next day it was quieter and didn't bother me much. All my life I've had some ringing in my ears that go away after a few seconds (you know the saying, if your ears are ringing then someone is talking about you!). The ringing in my left is quieter, with occasional spikes, but now it's in my right ear. When I was 10 years old (I'm 39 now), I had ear surgery on my eardrum, so I have always had decreased hearing, but no T in that ear. So it's odd it's showing up now...
      ENT doctor said both my ears look fine. Hearing is fine in my left and my right ear, well, it's always had bad hearing anyway. Then 5 days after my initial ringing, I woke up with an unbalanced feeling, like drunk or tipsy which lasts ALL DAY LONG. Went back to the ENT crying, bawling because no wants to feel unbalanced and have T and it was very frightening for me, scary. Again, he said my ears "looked" fine and had absolutely no idea about the balance issue. Ugh! So he gave me an anti-anxiety med and antidepressant to help me sleep at night. Both help but the T is still there. Good news is that the balance issue seems to be getting a tad better everyday. I am scheduled for an MRI on Tuesday, but reading some posts it seems like alot of people have normal MRI results, which makes me really depressed. I have found an audiologist, who sounds really good at treating T. And I will see a neurologist in 2 weeks. I know it's too early to tell, I am really hoping this goes away or my brain gets used to it.

2. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones