• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Tinnitus with Congestion and Ear Pressure — Valsalva May Have Caused Further Issues

Louise66

Author
Sep 21, 2024
Tinnitus Since
Cause of Tinnitus
Unknown
Hello,

This is my first time posting, and I really need some support. I'm not having a great week.

My tinnitus started on Monday with congestion, ear pressure, and a constant need to pop my ear, mainly on the right side. I've been congested all week and saw the doctor yesterday. She said my ears were clear but thinks my Eustachian tubes are blocked due to congestion. She prescribed Amoxicillin, which confused me since my ears were clear, and she didn't mention any infection.

My main concern is that on Tuesday, I tried to clear my ears using the Valsalva method. I didn't think I used much force, but my ear did pop and then blocked right back up. About an hour later, I experienced some pain in my ear, but it eventually went away. Now, I'm terrified that I've caused a permanent high-pitched noise in my good ear, and I fear it's because of me, not the blocked tubes. I've been reading about the Valsalva method, and I'm extremely anxious that I may have worsened or permanently damaged my tinnitus.

Has anyone experienced something similar? Is it more likely due to my blocked tubes and congestion, or do you think I've caused permanent damage?

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now