Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mary Jo, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Mary Jo

Mary Jo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      My 20s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I am currently 62 years old and have had tinnitus for about 40 years. When I was a teenager I was diagnosed with Menier's Disease. I had about 40% loss of hearing in my left ear and constant ringing in my ears. I remember taking Sudafed in college and doing the repetitive exercise of popping my ears. I can't remember if it helped. Over the years nothing truly helped.

I've gone through spells of sinus infections which would clog my ears. Antibiotics would be used to help.

Currently I am experiencing some congestion. When I blew my nose it caused my ears to pop. They don't pop on their own though. When I pop them it seems to open them up so that I can hear better but it's temporary. Any suggestions or recommendations will be welcome.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk.
      Try steam inhalation and also have your ears checked for wax and up to date hearing test .
      I also have Menieres ...lots of love glynis

3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. That you have tinnitus & Meneire's for all this long and yet be able to go to college and pursue your dreams in life is already (to me) a great achievement and triumph over T. Often a new and young T sufferer will tend to question if they can still have a life after having T. Your story illustrates that life doesn't have to stop or be ruined by T. With the current condition, it is likely you have ear drum issue perhaps an infection. Best to get an ENT to check it out first.