Totally Puzzled, Tinnitus Temporarily Cured — Now It's Back and Not Going Away

Discussion in 'Support' started by MuffinMan, Oct 8, 2018.

1. MuffinMan
      Alienated

MuffinMan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/8/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown, started the moment I woke up from a nightmare.
      Background story: https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...began-after-waking-up-from-a-nightmare.31641/

I am on Vessel Due F medication + melatonin.

In my last ENT visit I told the doctor "It seems I got cured, I no longer hear it." This was after a week of no tinnitus - total silence - that was like between 21 and 27 September, the doctor visit was on the 25th. I left the office so happy but I still decided to keep protecting my hearing.

On 28th September of Friday, I got this second intense nightmare and woke up with the tinnitus again, and it's there ever since, getting spikes every once in a while. I joined Tinnitus Talk the same evening afterward.

I am so puzzled, I was very happy when it was gone. :(

2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I think that there is a reasonable chance that eventually it will be gone again (and hopefully in the long run it will be gone for good). The way T works - one or two weeks is nothing. Changes (if any) take place over months and years. So just because it came back for 10 days doesn't mean it will stay. Keep making sure that you don't get a new acoustic trauma, and hopefully you will be ok.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MuffinMan
      Alienated

MuffinMan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/8/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown, started the moment I woke up from a nightmare.
      what’s an accoustic trauma, how exactly it feels? I never experienced that.

4. coffee_girl
      Innocent

coffee_girl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      All my life, but got worse 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      During your first year, your T will come and go, I read that this is normal. Mine would disappear for 1 month...then come back for 3 weeks...then disappear again for 2 weeks...then come back...even protecting myself with plugs every moment i feel i am somewhere loud...will not stop it from fluctuating. It is normal part of the healing process

• Like Like x 1
    5. Smartone202

Smartone202 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Very low since2004/Went haywire in 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise in 04/Wedding dance floor and flying(?) in 18
      Similar scenario here my friend, only its with just one of my tones. I had my "head buzz" T gone for two full days. Then like you, woke up from a nightmare on one Saturday morning with Pulsating Tinnitus. Now the PT has subsided but the head buzz has returned.

I am convinced my brain has just been going haywire due to anxiety from the beginning of the spike and the nightmare and subsequent stress set off the T again. Being optimistic that it goes back down in time, although the beginning of this second wave was already two weeks ago.

6. Red
      Crappy

Red Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure (Headphones)
      My opinion: your nightmares are so intense that they are provoking stress induced tinnitus. Perhaps you need to see a doctor or psychiatrist, get different sleep medication. Maybe even request to have a sleep study done.

• Like Like x 1