Trying an Alternative Treatment — Neurofeedback

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by JLugo, Oct 23, 2016.

1. JLugo

JLugo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi I have been with tinnitus in the left ear for approx 3-4 years. Been into Neurologists, ENTs, PCPs, and tried different medications and alternative medications. It was even impacting my job and ability to sleep. A month ago started to try Neurofeedback and seems to be the only thing that started reducing the intensity of the noise and now I feel even relax.

2. InfiniteLoop
      Relaxed

InfiniteLoop Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High frequency hearing loss in left ear from head trauma (?)
      @JLugo

Could you explain the type of Neurofeedback and the protocol? One month is not long for a treatment and can be easily confused with a random period of improvement.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JLugo

JLugo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      There are different protocols and NF treatments. Mine has been the one they have been using for tinnitus patients. They measure your progress in the brain waves and having it three times a week for about 5 weeks now. I don't disclose protocols here bc not sure if others will understand. Are you interest to know because you need this info?

4. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      I'm also interested in learning more about it.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JLugo

JLugo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      If you look for neurofeedback for tinnitus t3-t4 it will come up in the internet. They say its an issue in the temporal area that is involved in the auditory system. The brain waves aren't good. I have been able to see my brain waves in that area vs when they put it in other areas . I will look for a link to put it here. At least in Boston there is an office that for free for mass health clients. I have been able to have it for free for myself. Try to see if they can give you a free consult.

• Like Like x 1
    6. ThijsD

ThijsD Member

Tinnitus Since:
      24/04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress anxiety
      I am going to do neurofeedback. Is it possible to send a link regarding the protocol you used? I could not find it online.