Vibration Feeling in Ears and Back of Head Sometimes: Is This Even Tinnitus or Is It Something Else?

Discussion in 'Support' started by jordan85, Jan 19, 2016.

1. jordan85

jordan85 Member

Hey there,

I posted a week or so ago about experiencing a drone/hum sound when settling down in the evening either to watch TV, play games or sleep. I can seemingly bring it on by listening out deeply for it during the day - the evening it seems to be more noticeable.

I'm a very anxious person and easily stressed, last night I tried playing games again for the first time in a while as I thought they were making me stressed. I experienced the worst kind of continual buzz/hum I've had since I noticed at the beginning of the year. It seemed very loud and felt like a vibration at the back of my head.

If I cup my hands over my ears I seemingly can't hear it. I was surprised to wake this morning to find it had cleared. It was still present a couple of hours after going to sleep but almost non-existent this morning and especially after getting up and about.

I notice this hum/vibration after car journeys and after the shower and towel drying my hair. I'm terrified of it being something sinister. Does anyone else get this feeling too?

Many thanks in advance.