Water Ear Plugs?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jamie m, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Jamie m
      Loved

Jamie m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      Hello!
      I have an odd question! I am going to Cancun on my honeymoon in May! But I already have professional ear plugs that work great, but so I need water ear plugs for swimming or if we go diving? Or can I even go in the water?

Sorry, I just got confused!

Jamie

2. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Try not to let tinnitus stop you from enjoying life and doing everything that you want to within reason. I advise to wear earplugs for swimming and enjoy yourself. Try not to use your professional earplugs too often. There is a tendency for some people to use earplugs to suppress normal everyday sounds such as traffic noise and when travelling by train. It's not a good idea as the auditory system can become hypersensitive if one isn't careful. Below a is a link on hyperacusis (sensitivity to sound) that you might find helpful
      All the best
      Michael

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/hyperacusis-as-i-see-it.19174/

• Like Like x 1
    3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi @Jamie m ,
      Get some molded ear plugs made for swimming like my son did and a bit of vasaline on them will help keep the water out and a nose clip.....lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jamie m
      Loved

Jamie m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      Thank you both!! I literally only wear my ear plugs maybe once a month if that, last time was at a bar in January when a band started playing. I just was checking with the water!!

• Like Like x 1