Yet Another Ear Infection

Discussion in 'Support' started by MonstercatMusic, Mar 20, 2018.

1. MonstercatMusic
      Caffeine

MonstercatMusic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Middle Ear Infection
      So a few days ago I got an outer ear infection that has caused my right ear (worse ear already) to swell shut. The painkillers I was prescribed aren't doing shit for the pain and for the past two nights I've woken up multiple times due to the pain. My tinnitus has also spiked in that ear to the point I can hear it over people speaking. My tinnitus started so faint I could only hear it in a quiet room, it spiked a month ago randomly but the spike didn't die down within 10 seconds like usual. This left me with tinnitus I could just about hear over the motor way outside my tower block with the windows open.

And now it's worse again. If it keeps getting worse at this rate It will probably be the only thing I can hear out of my right ear within a year or two. Usually outer ear infections subside within a day or two, but as is typical with my luck its actually gotten worse since the doctors visit. The pain and lack of sleep resulting from it has caused me to skip lectures and fall behind. So I'm behind in my workload but have no motivation to do it as I'm constantly distracted by the pain.

Out of all that garble above there are a few thing s the doctors said that I'd like to ask about.
      First they said my blood pressure is just about above normal range. Is this contributing to tinnitus?
      Secondly she felt my jaw and noted I might have TMJ or misalignment due to braces treatment. She was sure however that it would subside after treatment finishes. Opinions on this?

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @MonstercatMusic,
      I assume you have been given drops for your ear so take basic pain relief and also steam a cloth in your microwave and fold it up and put it by your ear to keep it warm and will help the pain.
      Your dentist can check your jaw joint to see if you have TMJ, It can be helped by wearing a mouth guard at night to take pressure off your jaw joint that is by your middle ear.
      Hope you feel better soon and keep relaxing music on to keep you calm if your tinnitus is spiking ...love glynis

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MonstercatMusic
      Caffeine

MonstercatMusic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Middle Ear Infection
      They didn't give me drops as the only drops they had in were steroid based. Could be coincidental but when I used a fluxonase steroid spray a few months ago I immideatly experienced floaters for the first time (never gone away) and now have visual snow (constant static effect over vision). It also somehow made my left eye struggle to focus so I have glasses now. Due to this they decided not to risk it and just gave me basic painkillers.
      So in the space of a year my sharp hearing and perfect vision has been diminished. Wooho :) :)

At least the swelling seems to have gone down a bit today but I don't want to jinx it.