• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Abnormal Tympanogram

Tympanogram and Audiogram -- I deleted my personal info and words that were written in my language.

tympanogramjpg.jpg

audiogram_july.jpg

Defective audiologist

He did not perform the tympanogram correctly so the result is invalid. The audiologist should have repeated it and (hopefully) have obtained a normal result

The low "volume" is a dead givaway

• Perforated ear drums?
  • Defective machine?
  • Defective audiologist?
Good suggestions. My ears had been blocked for 5 days after I went up and down a steep hill with the car. Is a small eardrum perforation seen with the naked eye? He put the tympanogram machine in my ears twice but the first time the machine was off I recall.

Good suggestions. My ears had been blocked for 5 days after I went up and down a steep hill with the car. Is a small eardrum perforation seen with the naked eye? He put the tympanogram machine in my ears twice but the first time the machine was off I recall.

@cspc

Please (re) read my response above

Is a small eardrum perforation seen with the naked eye?

Depends how small I guess, but I'd imagine that it has to be large enough in order to get such a flat response.
This is what my tympanogram looked like when I had a perforation in my right ear drum (from an intratympanic injection), and that hole was visible to the "naked eye" (which really means, through the magnifying otoscope).

Your data is so flat and so equal between left & right that it almost feel like someone forgot to plug some wire into the computer...

upload_2018-7-26_7-53-21.png

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now