About Prednisone: Should I Take All 4 Tablets at Once or Spread Them Throughout the Day?

Ludvik

Author
Nov 30, 2016
Tinnitus Since
23/11/2016
Cause of Tinnitus
Ear Infection + Noise Induced
Hey all,

I've just been prescribed prednisone, for the first few days I am to take 4 tablets a day, (each tablet is 10mg) and then taper down.

Should I take those 4 tablets all at once or spread them throughout the day? (forgot to ask my doc!)

I've heard prednisone can have strong side effects, I thought spreading them out might have less shock on my body.

You can take it at once first thing in the am
40mg is not that Much
They have those 10mg pills so you can taper down at the end but you don't need to taper up
The only side effect I noticed is difficulty to sleep well
It may increase sugar level if you have diabetes watch your food

Becareful with that stuff. I got insomnia, brain fog, and the jitters from it. I suggest take a couple of pills the first day and see how you react.

Are you kidding ? EVERYONE Would be more than happy to accept a bit of temporary sleep issues or even brain fog ( I did have that ) for a PERMANENT improvement in hearing and T.

Just take those pills ASAP they work best 48 hours after an acoustic trauma

Thanks guys, I'll make sure to watch my sugar intake while I'm on this.

@Bobby B Did you take Prednisone too? I noticed your cause is recent acoustic Trauma, I'm wondering if it helped you?

I was told you do NOT need to taper down if taken short term (3-5 days). Asthmatics are given this kind of "burst" therapy quite often. No tapering.

You still technically should taper but i didnt after a day and still had withdrawal symptoms.

Are you kidding ? EVERYONE Would be more than happy to accept a bit of temporary sleep issues or even brain fog ( I did have that ) for a PERMANENT improvement in hearing and T.

Just take those pills ASAP they work best 48 hours after an acoustic trauma

Not if you have to go to work or important things to do...of course take it but all i am saying is for him not to take it all at once.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now