AM-101 Clinical Trial — Participants Updates and Discussion

I just dropped from my local Am101 Study, was supposed to go into the pre screening tomorrow. Hope it was the right choice, just dont want to risk loosing the progress ive made this far and spiraling back into depression.
I completely understand and so far i wish i wouldn't have proceeded as well.

Questions for those beyond first set of injections. In the second and third rounds are you still required to fill out your digital diary daily? Are you allowed to be on other treatments for tinnitus such as anti-depression medication after the 1st round? I am finding that now that I am off valium while I prepare for the screening that the annoyance factor has gone up. I am having to come to terms with living with my 9/10 ringing without any help for the next 100 days.

Questions for those beyond first set of injections. In the second and third rounds are you still required to fill out your digital diary daily? Are you allowed to be on other treatments for tinnitus such as anti-depression medication after the 1st round? I am finding that now that I am off valium while I prepare for the screening that the annoyance factor has gone up. I am having to come to terms with living with my 9/10 ringing without any help for the next 100 days.

I wasn't required to fill out the diary on the 2nd round.

Im also wondering if the second round if your allowed anti-depressants...why are we not allowed to take them first round? Does it interfere with the actual drug working properly? My trial nurse told me to take advil as my ear was probably inflamed. Well why couldn't prednisone help? Why do they restrict certain drugs? Does it interfere with the am 101 drug working?

First round = testing whether or not the drug works (taking other things could screw this analysis up)
Second, Third, Fourth round = testing whether or not the drug is save over a longer term (thus the reason we get real drug)

Annoyance is down, I've settled around 2 on loudness

@OddV

So in fact it's like 3rd set of injections did not do something really extraordinary.. You seems to have been back where you were left after 2nd round of injections, in term of intensity at least..

Well, I look at T (because I've been "trained" via this study) as having two components.... Loudness and annoyance.

Loudness is down slightly... Going in on 3rd round, I was a 3.... Now I'm a 2.

Annoyance has been consistently lower after 2nd round... No change after 3rd round.

I think this experience has helped me habituate.

I do not know if I'm doing 4th round... The time commitment vs benefit is very grey to me right now. I've got 3 weeks to decide.

Well, I look at T (because I've been "trained" via this study) as having two components.... Loudness and annoyance.

Loudness is down slightly... Going in on 3rd round, I was a 3.... Now I'm a 2.

Annoyance has been consistently lower after 2nd round... No change after 3rd round.

I think this experience has helped me habituate.

I do not know if I'm doing 4th round... The time commitment vs benefit is very grey to me right now. I've got 3 weeks to decide.

How many rounds do you need to do?

@OddV

At this point of the experience, do you think am i going to regret it in the near futur if i don't do it again ? I did it twice, normally i am now beyond regret .. At least i tried.. Does it means cause we did it twice we should do it one more time ? Did i really miss another chance to get better if i decide to not doing another turn ? ... I don't know what to do

@OddV

At this point of the experience, do you think am i going to regret it in the near futur if i don't do it again ? I did it twice, normally i am now beyond regret .. At least i tried.. Does it means cause we did it twice we should do it one more time ? Did i really miss another chance to get better if i decide to not doing another turn ? ... I don't know what to do
Have you gotten any relief from the first 2 rounds?

@shantelle

I can't say.. I don't know.. Maybe maybe not, it' s so foggy cause my T is still here but i don't know what part is to the drug and what part is to habituation ...
Well in my opinion i wouldn't put yourself through it again if you haven't noticed a big enough benefit. Its alot to go through and having the spike after injections made my anxiety go crazy. To me i felt like it was 2 steps forward than 10 back aftetr the injections. I know we are all pretty desperate but if it didnt do much the second time..why bother with the third...unless of course you did well with the injections..i didnt do well at all. Hope this helps..let me know what you decide

@Romain B. I don't know... I'm scared to do it and scared not to, I bet you understand this and it doesn't get any easier to make the decision.

I do think the 3rd round helped, but if you've never sat in that chair and gone through this, then you wouldn't understand the struggle making the decision that you, I and others are trying to make.

@OddV

Well thx you..

On the other hand i can wait if the product is "certified" and if it do.. Maybe do it again in the near futur maybe in 2 years .. I think i don't need it badly to survive ! I'm now 9 months since onset. Don't know if the 3rd shot would be as miraculous as i want it to be.. 2 shots on 4, it's a good scale ! At least no regret i tried !

@shantelle

I will let you know ! Thx for your thoughts !!

@grandfunk1
So what's the News ? Are you planning to do the 2nd set ?
@TJ KC
So what did you do ? Injection or not ?
@Sharpfire
@Jokko
@papu
@Laika
Would be really nice to have a little check in from you, how about the 2nd round ? Did you do the 3rd round ?
@NewGuy
Same as laika, how you feel now after the 3rd round ? Did you do the 4th round of injections ? Did you have benefit from the 3rd round of injections as you did after the 2nd round of injections ?
@Frances Lynn
@Sftoon
@Fretux
@Tibberz
So are you in the am-101 trial ? And if yes what about the benefit ? Did you do the 2nd and 3rd round of injections ?
@Watermelonhead
@tomm
Would be nice where you are now ! Still in the process ? Did you do 3rd round of injections ?
@Kent Sabo
@Matt h
@EarsKid
I remember you and your spiritual point of view about T ! How are you now ? Still in the am-101 process ? Did you do the 2nd round ? And the 3rd round ? Please give an update !!
@Joel86
So what ? Are you part of am-101 experience ? If yes how you feel ? 2nd or 3rd round of injections ?

Please everyone, just a tiny update would be really nice and appreciated !!! I know it's better for you guys to keep away from this thread cause it remember you how bad you were with this T made in hell, but for people who are still in, it would be so much appreciated to hear from you just one more time ! To have more clue about efficienty ..

Big thx

@Romain B.

I was going to enroll into AM101 but backed out last minute before every getting any shots. I was to afraid that it wouldnt work and the mixed reports here did not comfort me any. Ive improved little by little for the past few weeks and didnt want to throw myself back to how bad it was a few weeks ago. My T has naturally dropped to a level where I can only hear it in quiet rooms, and and mostly only when im not busy with other things. Still ringing 24/7, I can plug my ears any time of the day and hear it, but it does not spend 24/7 in my conscious hearing (I dont hear it alongside other sounds).

@Romain B.

I was going to enroll into AM101 but backed out last minute before every getting any shots. I was to afraid that it wouldnt work and the mixed reports here did not comfort me any. Ive improved little by little for the past few weeks and didnt want to throw myself back to how bad it was a few weeks ago. My T has naturally dropped to a level where I can only hear it in quiet rooms, and and mostly only when im not busy with other things. Still ringing 24/7, I can plug my ears any time of the day and hear it, but it does not spend 24/7 in my conscious hearing (I dont hear it alongside other sounds).

I had the same issue, scared of making it worse...I mean, there's some good news and some very bad news whenever I hear about AM-101. Anyway, this isn't the last we shall hear!

As always is a personal decision. you have to take into account that some of the posters are under a lot of distress and anxiety when they first get their injections. Most of the people that have had some sort of bad reactions i noticed that they make a lot of noise immediately and then fade away and never hear from them again. The truth is the process is not that bad. I am quite happy i tried and will continue to the second round. The volume of my tinnitus its somehow lower (can not hear it over the shower and barely hear it in loud places unlike before). Like everybody here its impossible to tell if it was because i got the drug and it work or just got habituated and that my fellows will be the tune for everybody on this trial. The only thing i can probably tell anyone undecided its that in my humble opinion i really do think that apart from the two week post injections, you will at most stay the same and if you were beginning to get habituated you will step a little bit back , but after those two weeks you will get back again in the path of habituation.

@papu

Glad to read your words because i think it is exactly how it work.. You have to go through 2 weeks of high level of T or something not quiet confortable and after you get back where you were before injection and in the best case in a mix of lower T in term of intensity and habituation. Anyway i did it twice but i still don't get used to it.. And same feeling, don't know if it's habituation or drug effect that play the most part in the game.. Maybe a mix i would say.. What i do know is if there is some effect, there are made to last, not like a pills.. Just my 2 cents. Because the way it's delivered, as to know directly in the ear, it's something that i trust more because you have to suffer to get what you want, it's not so easy and painless than a pills, so at the end you have to get some kind of reward i guess or something like that or maybe not.. Don't know. The thing is after you have done it once, twice.. I think you are in the boat, and all what you feared, you have already gone through it so.. Maybe it's should be more easy to do another turn but in fact it's not.. Always a choice to make, and not an easy one. Think i am gonna do another turn to see what happen.. Curiosity is strong ! What you will do @papu for the next rounds ? 2nd and 3rd ?

@Tibberz
@Danny Boy
@Fretux

Thx for your answers, i must admit you make me scared a little bit, but i respect your point of view. If i had must faith in habituation and time i probably won't do it. But always this fear to miss a chance to get better if i don't do it ! I know that habituation is maybe the best drug ever made but always seeing am-101 like a gift.

Curiosity is strong ! What you will do @papu for the next rounds ? 2nd and 3rd ?
Definitely doing second round and expecting noticeable improvement. I went from a 7 to 5 in loudness, 6 to 3 annoyance in first round *once again cant tell if it was the injections or just habituation. Expecting with real drug to go at least 3/2 loudness annoyance 2/1. if i get those result will do 3rd and 4rd round just because we still don't know if the effect are long lasting or not (in other words i will do it just to hammer down improvement and hope it does not go away). If i dont get that kind of improvement i will opt out and instead turn to my second and most desperate option ( large batch of trobalt waiting for me). I am holding off the trobalt because of the commitment i made with the trial (i am hopeful that it will work the science is very logical and sound) and because of the scary side effects of trobalt.

Definitely doing second round and expecting noticeable improvement. I went from a 7 to 5 in loudness, 6 to 3 annoyance in first round *once again cant tell if it was the injections or just habituation. Expecting with real drug to go at least 3/2 loudness annoyance 2/1. if i get those result will do 3rd and 4rd round just because we still don't know if the effect are long lasting or not (in other words i will do it just to hammer down improvement and hope it does not go away). If i dont get that kind of improvement i will opt out and instead turn to my second and most desperate option ( large batch of trobalt waiting for me). I am holding off the trobalt because of the commitment i made with the trial (i am hopeful that it will work the science is very logical and sound) and because of the scary side effects of trobalt.
Do you know if you got the real drug the first round? Sounds like you may have! After injections when did you start noticing the improvement? Im about 1.5 weeks after injections and only the last 2 days my t calmed down a bit but not at pre injections yet. Also in still clogged..about 40%.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now