AM-101 Clinical Trial — Participants Updates and Discussion

anyone have any info on why EARS has jumped so high in the stock market?
What I can say is that we have an investment firm - in this case - advocating a positive outcome of the trial (I sure hope so - and well deserved). What we have seen in the past - for instance with SF0034 - is an investor firm advocating the opposite (and with unfortunate results as a consequence - you should see some of the e-mails I have had to write because of that; unfortunately they are confidential). Which is why I personally weighed in on the issue a while back and had the information disseminated on the social media:

www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/scifluor-receives-us-patent-for-kcnq2-3-activator-to-treat-epilepsy-and-neurological-disorders.7743/page-3#post-140664

I generally appreciate investors bringing forward a neutral opinion on material to the market - that's what they are for: trouble is that tinnitus as research area is too complex for an investor to appreciate the intricacies of.

I believe it's because of the expectations of a successful AM101 release. Hope that's true.
My site coordinator has done 30+ people, he says it's a "slam dunk".

And it's not like he was saying that to sway me or calm my nerves. He and I already knew full well at that point I was already sold. He could say "your left nut will fall off" and I'd still go ahead with it.

Just had the first actual injection. Felt like a pinch as they pierced the eardrum and then uncomfortable as the fluid went in. Now I'm sitting and letting it diffuse (or "marinate" as I like to think of it).

One down, 5 to go...

Thanks @liquefact and @JohnK for taking your time and being this informative. I'm just sorry because English is not my first language and I probably don't communicate things as clear as I wish.
Will have my first round of injections on January 25th. Linares, Spain. I feel as full of doubts, hesitation, nerves, questions and anger as you have probably felt/feel. I am the kind of guy who always felt afraid of doctors, injections, pain (even temporary) and stuff, so this is being a really bad trip for me big time. Anyway, if I have a minimal chance of getting rid of even a slight tad of this I am going for it. As @liquefact my T is mostly unmaskeable and just gets drowned in the shower. Haven't had any problems for sleeping since onset 3 exact months ago but daily routine with this stuck in my head... is just too sci-fi.
Thanks again, guys and please, keep posting.

Well I survived my first day of injections!

The first ear wasn't too bad, but the second one hurt quite a bit! Hopefully tomorrow's injections will be easier.

Felt a minute or so of dizziness. Now I just feel a sense of fullness and slightly muffled sounds (even then, not very muffled at this point 3 hours later). T is slightly louder, I think. If it was previously a 5, now I'd call it 6.

Let's see what tomorrow brings!

I was perfectly OK after 1st injections, no increase in T, no fullness and pain. It all started after the 2nd, dramatically increased T, severe pain. I hope you'll be better than me.

Ok signed up for the trials on the website. Is this all that needs to be done? Or did anyone call their trial location as well?

Is there any secret forum for the study subjects?
Not here. Why, would there be a need for a hidden section in your opinion?

Psst. thanks for sharing your experience here. Always interesting to see how it goes with AM-101.

Ok signed up for the trials on the website. Is this all that needs to be done? Or did anyone call their trial location as well?
They will contact you from the trial site as far as I've understood.

How's your pain going now?
The pain is almost non-existent, only once in 2 days or so i feel a slight pain on my right ear for a sec and it's gone.

Pain and T spike slowly fades away, i can confirm that. I still have this annoying popping though.

Normally they call you, but you can call the site/s to expedite the process as well.

Injection #2 went. Fortunately it was less painful than yesterday in my left ear.

Just 1 more day of this, and then I can get back to life

Okay, survived day 2. The right ear had a little scab on it that he wanted to syringe. He tried for a second and the noise was insanely loud. I thought of @Markku and screamed "NO" so he gave up on that.

Neither injection hurt today, so that was a pleasant surprise.

The T is a bit louder (if yesterday was "maybe 6" today is "definitely a 6") and sound is definitely more muffled all around. Probably because there is more fluid (remaining from yesterday + today)

1 hour later, I feel a bit strange, some numbness and tingling in my face and left arm. I thought that meant "yay I got the drug!" until my gf pointed out that could just be the lidocaine numbing agent. Bummer...

One more day!

Funny how you guys had pain on the first day and not the others. For me it was the other way around. Non painful injection the first day and quite painful on second and third. Finished up yesterday evening around six. Tinnitus spike is still pretty loud, but nothing like what I experienced right after the injections. Spoke to the doctor and he said AM 101 definitely has efficacy after the three months period, which is nice to know because this is my second round. Anyhow hopefully this helps! Ill let you guys know how I am doing in a week or so. John, good luck with your last injection!

Been a strange evening...T has been both super loud and super quiet at random intervals.

Optimist John: "ooooh something might be happening, maybe I didn't get placebo!"
Pessimist John: "or maybe bathing your ears in lidocaine, stabbing a hole in them and squirting goo into them is going to have some weird effects"

For people worrying that Auris will ignore chronics and only focus on drugs for acute T., here's what a company official said to The Scientist:

In addition to the therapies currently in trials for acute tinnitus, "I believe that long-term there will be also solutions for chronic tinnitus," he adds.

Link to article: http://www.the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/43843/title/The-Sounds-of-Silence/

I wonder if he considers "long-term" to be 5 years or 50....

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now