AM-101 Clinical Trial — Participants Updates and Discussion

At what point do the percentages of even something as stupid as say....the doc slips while he's pushing the needle...begin to catch up?

Well my aloof doc let the needle actually slip out of his hand during my second day my first round. Hurt like hell, he just says 'oop's and re-did it.

Well today I told my site coordinator I officially quit. Zero side effects zero changes since February. Guess the drug doesn't affect some people.

hallo ,
ich had 2 injection (10 days before) of the drug or placebo . not 3 injection because I refuse the 3rd injection. my tinnitus went louder on the 2nd . now it's have been 10 days and my tinnitus is louder than the baseline.
I don't know why I choose to go into this experience. it doesn't worth. my tinnitus was before injection only 1/10 and I was happy with it . I hope it will get better ... now, I just want to back to my pre injection baseline.

Auris will present some ir info to investors at a conference next week in NY on June 9 perhaps an update on the tests

The site will have the session recorded

Yes, since they completed TACTT2 now maybe they will release initial results?
It will probably be early 2017 before we hear the results of APMACT.

@Charlie396 You said you had a lot of pain with your injections? Was that every injection? Did they use phenol or lidocane to numb you?

I'm at two and a half weeks since the open label. I don't know what to think. Some times it seems a bit lower and a bit more maskable with everyday noise instead of being front and center demanding my attention. Other times it seems a bit louder, especially when I cover my ears. So I would say minimally better or about the same. The injections haven't hurt anything, my tinnitus still is very bothersome. The injections themselves have been very smooth, I may go in for a 2nd round, we'll see.

@nour123 I am in the same situation I did the injections 23 and 24 of May. I did not receive the last injection as tinnitus was louder on the 2nde and I was very afraid. From this date I have never recovered my low tinnitus. Now I can't sleep well. Tinnitus is there everytime. It is a really nightmare I do not understand.

Question to everyone: is there a chance of improvement until day +90 ?
Thank you

Hi All.
Still have a bad spike and H is very sensitive since I had last injection on 25th of May. Was hoping the spike would not be so long this time as I was having the real thing. I'm not doing well felling very low now.
Can't believe I'm saying this but need to go back to baceline again (4/5) would be good. T is a shit.

Hi All.
Still have a bad spike and H is very sensitive since I had last injection on 25th of May. Was hoping the spike would not be so long this time as I was having the real thing. I'm not doing well felling very low now.
Can't believe I'm saying this but need to go back to baceline again (4/5) would be good. T is a shit.
@nour123 I am in the same situation I did the injections 23 and 24 of May. I did not receive the last injection as tinnitus was louder on the 2nde and I was very afraid. From this date I have never recovered my low tinnitus. Now I can't sleep well. Tinnitus is there everytime. It is a really nightmare I do not understand.

Question to everyone: is there a chance of improvement until day +90 ?
Thank you

I can't see until now a single positive comment. This AM101 peraphs work only in very acute phase. If work.

I felt AM 101 worked but only for 4 weeks and after 1 hours intense excercise all the benefit seems lost.....the benefit being i felt noise comming from less areas of brain with less intensity...did any one have the same experience?

Ok, but "improvements" it's not a cure... it's better than nothing but you say also that you don't know if your improvements are for am101 or for other things right?

I indeed stated 'improvements' as well as 'not sure if it's due to am101', and it's all in my post.

I said I was going to wait for three/four weeks before giving you guys and gals an update about my open label round. Well thing is I am on my second day with a quieter-than-ever T. Before shots my T was unmaskable, reactive and an almost constant 7 in a scale of 10. Now I can listen to music having it masked. Most of street noises also do mask it. I forget about it for long periods and I give it a 2 in a scale of 10. Two days now. I really hope it settles in here or it even goes quieter. I know it is most likely to go louder again but I wanted to share this with you people participating, going to participate or who have already participated in the trial. Will keep informing you.

How's your T now? We are over 4 weeks later :)

Update from Auris Medical — TACTT3 Trial Nearing Completion — June 8th, 2016

We've been informed that Auris Medical are getting close to completing the enrollment into their TACTT3 trial in Europe. They have been guiding for a completion in June, and they should be able to reach this objective.

Those who have already been in contact with a trial site, but have not made up their minds yet, this is the "last chance".

This is not really a "last call" for finding new trial participants, as it's late now for that — the AM-101 trial website has already been closed.

First results from the already-finished TACTT2 trial are expected to be published during August, 2016. TACTT3 results are hopefully due in late fall of this year.

monacco, I think playing with tinnitus is like playing with electricity ... the consequences can be real risky...
According to the German tinnitus liga , 80 % of acute tinnitus will diseapper in 3 month or will faint to a very low volume in the first 3 month . 20 % will go chronic. Of these 20 % of people ,in 5 years 30% you have chance that your tinnitus disappear.

But now I am curious, where does the value of $6000 come from?
Well, you can calculate it backwards from this slide in the recently released material pertaining to the Needham Healthcare Conference held earlier this year:

upload_2016-6-8_22-6-42.png

Market potential = 750M dollars (for an associated 250,000 ears). That's $3000 / ear (and hence where the $6000,- figure comes from I am pretty sure). Question is: how does @monacco know this? I mention this specifically since the figure wasn't mentioned within this thread - nor - based on the posting style here, does the average poster seem to be too bright (and hence I deduce that the information must have come from "somewhere").

@Elgringo32 , I didn't take the risks seriously into account before injection ... I was doing very well with my tinnitus . .. I forgot the suffering and what the amount of stress that tinnitus did to me ... so I went to this injection just to try to kill the 5 % of the rest of my tinnitus .... now , I am suffering with this worsening or whatever you call it and feeling so stupid that I have participate into this study

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now