AM-101 TACTT1 Results Released

@nills @ItalianMan u guys r right, but my "anxiety" has its reasons and to be not uber high maintenance I post my last question in this tread for this week and will after next visit to ENT 16-6, give a rapport here

And now I decide to add this question as an AM-101 study participant:
First Injection -> Stronger T
Second Injection -> Improved T
Third Injection -> Much louder T, eardrum poking gets canceled because wound scab is not sedated enough, this stresses me out. Than another hole is made, liquid P or AM-101 comes in and T is noticable much louder. Yesterday it was very loud! My concern why not like second, because I probably got in a stressed state the perforation and perforating and eardrum can cause T permanently, so in my case worsen it?

To not scare anyone the edge of yesterdays fairly scary Loudness seems to be of..

If anyone has a good explanation for me that it wasnt risky what happened please add, we can see how it go..
Thanks

Hi Rob, how are you doing?

@Sjoerd there have been cases where doctors disabled the auditory nerve. the people became deaf but the t didnt necessarily leave. there are also profoundly deaf people who have tinnitus. and then again people with no acoustic trauma and tinnitus.
Well, that was my point. I cannot find any story where cutting the auditory nerve results in tinnitus relief.

Well, that was my point. I cannot find any story where cutting the auditory nerve results in tinnitus relief.

In some cases it did, in others it didnt. The point is that tinnitus probably involves several different partss of the brain as well which is why meds targeted on only one area are not going to help. In fact recent research shows that it has to do with the imbalance of the potassium channels.

@Hudson lets hope so
@JAKUB

T has lowered since friday, but is still stronger than after second injection. As this is the 4,5 day after last injection.
Today it seems to be louder than yesterday, annoying, I can't sleep in that well because of the changed volume and heat here in Germany we had easy 30 degrees here last days.
I do hope it will go down more around the 1 week mark, and as some people who used AM-101 said even almost 2 weeks..

@Robb Maybe it's useful for you to know that eardrum holes are not always that risky. In the recent years I had otitis in both ears, each with a slight perforation of the eardrum. I had some buzzing those days that later dissapeared. My normal T has been slightly worsening lately, but I suspect it can be increased hearing loss plus other things like somatic factors. Still, the buzzing caused by the perforations went by as soon as the eardrum closed and scarred. Sure I was lucky, but it shows even infectious perforations don't always lead to permanent worsening.

I think a hole done in a controlled way like this will heal even better.

@Robb Maybe it's useful for you to know that eardrum holes are not always that risky. In the recent years I had otitis in both ears, each with a slight perforation of the eardrum. I had some buzzing those days that later dissapeared. My normal T has been slightly worsening lately, but I suspect it can be increased hearing loss plus other things like somatic factors. Still, the buzzing caused by the perforations went by as soon as the eardrum closed and scarred. Sure I was lucky, but it shows even infectious perforations don't always lead to permanent worsening.

I think a hole done in a controlled way like this will heal even better.

Thanks for this reassuring contribution I will post my final first week report next monday

Hi all,

Apologies if this question has already been asked on the thread about eligibility criteria for the current AM101 trials. Are they accepting people that have got T from noise exposure between 3 months to 1 year?

If so, are there any people (on this forum or other) that their T has got better that have been on the trials that have been in the 3 month to 1 year period?

Thanks all
~STH

Hi all,

Apologies if this question has already been asked on the thread about eligibility criteria for the current AM101 trials. Are they accepting people that have got T from noise exposure between 3 months to 1 year?

If so, are there any people (on this forum or other) that their T has got better that have been on the trials that have been in the 3 month to 1 year period?

Thanks all
~STH[/QUOTE

Only if you live in Germany.Robb is participating and we all are waiting his results ;)

I have a question to people who did this trial -

How do you prove to them your tinnitus was under 3 months or under 12 months?
Do they require some sort of documentation, do they call your doctor ?

I have a question to people who did this trial -

How do you prove to them your tinnitus was under 3 months or under 12 months?
Do they require some sort of documentation, do they call your doctor ?
Good question @dan. I was wondering the same. Electron microscope perhaps? Is also phase3 AM101 = 3 - 12 months? phase 1 and 2 = 1-3months?

Hi, sorry I'm late to this thread, I have a question.

I know AM-101 is being investigated as a treatment for acute T. Unfortunately I can't join the trial because of my age (despite meeting all other criteria and living only 1/2 an hour away from a trial centre - infuriating!). Obviously this means that this could only benefit me (and probably most on this forum) if AM-101 is also effacious in treatment of chronic tinnitus.

Is there any reason to believe it could be effacious in treatment of chronic T? If so, why? And if not, why not?

Hi, sorry I'm late to this thread, I have a question.

I know AM-101 is being investigated as a treatment for acute T. Unfortunately I can't join the trial because of my age (despite meeting all other criteria and living only 1/2 an hour away from a trial centre - infuriating!). Obviously this means that this could only benefit me (and probably most on this forum) if AM-101 is also effacious in treatment of chronic tinnitus.

Is there any reason to believe it could be effacious in treatment of chronic T? If so, why? And if not, why not?

We don't know. Auris doesn't know either, which is why they now have a trial with people with chronic T.

There is no proven or well argued reason for why it would work only in acute cases.

Is there any participant here in the trial that has had a reduction in Tinnitus so far?

yes member Fish did (either from Am101 or natural reduction) and i think cullenbohannon claimed to have a reduction as well. They were both (almost) in the acute phase, whereas member James White who has chronic tinnitus has not reported of a reduction yet.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now