AM-101 TACTT1 Results Released

@CathodeRaySound

Have you made a decision on the trial? im 5 weeks in now and strongly considering it.

Im not the person you asked but Im gonna give you my two cents:
I think you should go for it. If you go to page 48 of this thread and look at post #1424 by Benryu you can see that he have gotten some very positive inside information from the trials. But the thing is that it's only very positive in the earliest stages. And you only had it for 5 weeks so that's why I think you should go for it.

@aarondowns22

I'm 90% sure that I will, it is scheduled for Wednesday. Now I'm just hoping that I get the real thing and not the placebo since I'm still only 5 weeks into tinnitus like you are. It would be a shame for anyone that gets the placebo while they're still well within the acute stage, it would be like missing a train that only comes once in a lifetime.

@CathodeRaySound Have you spoken to your own ENT about the trial? I don't want to dissuade you from taking part in the trial, I just strongly believe anyone taking part in something like this should do all the due diligence to feel comfortable with their decisions.

Also, if you do choose to take part in the trial. I'm going to recommend you have someone with you that you can talk to and keep you company while you wait for the drug to settle. The procedure takes about 45-50 minutes per ear, or at least that's how long it took for me. For me, the doctor and the trial coordinator were in the room and we chatted about random things the first two days, but on the third day, they all had things to do and it kinda sucked being alone, waiting...

soooooooooooooooooooooo Generally speaking.
Is this Am 101 so far turning out to be a Success or a failure?..

I mean The faster we/ they know the faster they can restart the experiments, and go back to the drawing boards and work on something better. No need wasting 25000000 years on trails for stuff that doesnt work.

@T-Saiyan It's impossible to say until the test results are compiled and released. No one knows if they received the placebo or the drug and won't know until the end of the trial.

The only people who know that they received the drug are those whom take part in the open label follow up trial. Of those people I have no idea how many have had improvements or not. Technically, the follow up is to find out if it works on people that are post acute which isn't where the drug is targeted.

Unfortunately this all takes time.

@aarondowns22

I'm 90% sure that I will, it is scheduled for Wednesday. Now I'm just hoping that I get the real thing and not the placebo since I'm still only 5 weeks into tinnitus like you are. It would be a shame for anyone that gets the placebo while they're still well within the acute stage, it would be like missing a train that only comes once in a lifetime.
Tell me about it. I think they should give the guys, in your shoes, the real drug. They presently know it is MOST effective in the first few weeks. 3 months down the line on the follow-up, it won't be as effective (or not at all!). They could help/cure you NOW. However, in favor of them using your for their trial results, you could potentially miss the window if you get the placebo. Holding thumbs! I hope you do get the real thing!

Here i sit behind my pc. My T can be heard but disappears lightly when concentrated or some background noise.
T still some fair amount of time is intrusively present but I felt being habituated to this sound somehow, subjective T remains hard to explain and understand yourself.

Tomorrow the real AM-101 will be given to me, as a T sufferer for a year now, I doubt to do it, will it be effective, it seems to be safe.

But will it at least have some effect? Was it true that a person with long T had a recent spike treated by AM-101 well?

Thanks for contribution of your answer, knowledge

@attheedgeofscience
@Markku
@Hudson
@Dr. Nagler
@benryu

Tomorrow the real AM-101 will be given to me, as a T sufferer for a year now, I doubt to do it, will it be effective, it seems to be safe.

But will it at least have some effect? Was it true that a person with long T had a recent spike treated by AM-101 well?

Thanks for contribution of your answer, knowledge

@attheedgeofscience
@Markku
@Hudson
@Dr. Nagler

Seems to me that its safety has been reasonably well-established. Will it "at least have some effect?" That has not been established one way or the other.

Dr. Stephen Nagler

Here i sit behind my pc. My T can be heard but disappears lightly when concentrated or some background noise.
T still some fair amount of time is intrusively present but I felt being habituated to this sound somehow, subjective T remains hard to explain and understand yourself.

The very best of luck to you Robb...

Than to supplement my question, I still doubt, should i do it?
When I have a decision for something like you are contemplating, when it's a 50% yes I will then a 50% no I won't, I will ask God what to do at night and whatever my gut tells me in the morning that's what I go by.

Hi guys,

I ve very poor english and I ve a lot of difficult to follow ur discussion. so sorry if that is already been asked :

Did you have any positive feebkack about AM101 during this trial period ? or actually, it's 100% failure ? :/

Thanks a lot ! and please, answer me with basical english please x)

@earsnothappy

Quite frankly my ENT isn't giving me any more information than what I already know. In fact it seems like I know more than he does when it comes to AM-101 since I've been reading anecdotal reports from users like yourself on this forum. I am also on this trip alone since I am a student far away from home, all my buddies here are busy with their own classes and work, can't possibly ask them to drop what they're doing so they can baby me for 4 days out of nowhere. Did you have any dizziness or vertigo following the procedure? Cause I would like to drive back home (2-hour drive) on the same day so I can attend class later that evening.

@earsnothappy
Did you have any dizziness or vertigo following the procedure? Cause I would like to drive back home (2-hour drive) on the same day so I can attend class later that evening.

i was fully functional after the procedure, didn't have any problems except being tired due to all the stress and waiting

I don't know what to say. The first time i participated was a personal choice, and why i didn't take the 2nd round was still a personal choice.

The reasons are not secret, i want to get rid of my tinnitus but i can live with it. I tried the first round, didn't do anything to me... eveything was fine, it's just that i don't have enough time/energy to deal with a second round. I prefer to wait for the final results.

If you're okay with all the procedure, how it went for your first round, etc then you sould go for it.

I don't know what to say. The first time i participated was a personal choice, and why i didn't take the 2nd round was still a personal choice.

The reasons are not secret, i want to get rid of my tinnitus but i can live with it. I tried the first round, didn't do anything to me... eveything was fine, it's just that i don't have enough time/energy to deal with a second round. I prefer to wait for the final results.

If you're okay with all the procedure, how it went for your first round, etc then you sould go for it.

Thanks James, highly appreciated.

@earsnothappyDid you have any dizziness or vertigo following the procedure? Cause I would like to drive back home (2-hour drive) on the same day so I can attend class later that evening.

I had vertigo immediately following one of the injections and it lasted about 30 seconds. I had vertigo about 6 hours after my injections on the first day, I didn't even realize what it was until later, I thought it was just a dizzy spell, but it was very quick, maybe about a second. I did have vertigo about 2 weeks after my injections, but I can't say for certain it was related to the injections, I woke up one morning and my room had a slow rotating drift, reset, then drift again.

You should expect your ears to feel full, clogged up. Your ears may feel a little sore as well.

I'd suggest going with your gut, if you feel like you can drive, you're probably good to go.

Please keep us informed on how your procedure goes!

I hope everything goes well for you!

I had vertigo immediately following one of the injections and it lasted about 30 seconds. I had vertigo about 6 hours after my injections on the first day, I didn't even realize what it was until later, I thought it was just a dizzy spell, but it was very quick, maybe about a second. I did have vertigo about 2 weeks after my injections, but I can't say for certain it was related to the injections, I woke up one morning and my room had a slow rotating drift, reset, then drift again.

You should expect your ears to feel full, clogged up. Your ears may feel a little sore as well.

I'd suggest going with your gut, if you feel like you can drive, you're probably good to go.

Please keep us informed on how your procedure goes!

I hope everything goes well for you!

You say you are not sure if your vertigo resulted from the injections. Did you suffer from vertigo before?

Damn, I've been excluded from the clinical research today one hour before getting the first injection. I've started sport again last week after stopping a full year and I mentioned that the tinnitus was somewhat louder the next day after an evening of sport (and fewer hours of sleep). As the tinnitus must remain constant from day to day for the research, I was out ... I've got meanwhile an appointment for TRT which seems to give good results. All the best for the other participants - lepli.

So I am back from my first injection of the second round, 4th injection in total.

This injection went and feels pretty similar as first injection of AM-101 at that time.
My T is slightly louder, more intrusive.

It was a very hard decision from me but extensive gathering of advice made me do it.
Among this advice was information from Auris Medical themselves, to elaborate and counter information been given before by Tinnitus Talk members in the name of Auris can I say:

It is clear for Auris that AM-101 has satisfying results in the 3 month T sufferer mark, however this data suggests because of non interruption non indication that AM-101 will still yield some success with 3 month T sufferers and beyond. To spread here rumors that AM-101 beyond the three month mark would be zero or that minimal effective is nonsense.

To most this was clear, but again I write it as it was the principle of a reasonable chance to improve my T that made me continue. All best to everyone

@Robb

I'm sure I could go back and find it, but did your T get better after first round?

I would say a minimal improvement, think it was placebo. But this is speculating as there are simply people who benefit from it and some other don't.
It really is also dependent on your specific situation. But for most chronic sufferers who have T less than a year, ask yourself; what helps at all?

Damn, I've been excluded from the clinical research today one hour before getting the first injection. I've started sport again last week after stopping a full year and I mentioned that the tinnitus was somewhat louder the next day after an evening of sport (and fewer hours of sleep). As the tinnitus must remain constant from day to day for the research, I was out ... I've got meanwhile an appointment for TRT which seems to give good results. All the best for the other participants - lepli.

offcourse it would be louder ... the blood in your brain is pumping and so the pressure in your eardrum is changing so the sound coming in is diffrent so your perception of T is diffrent ... this is not a reason to be excluded and you should tell them.

It is clear for Auris that AM-101 has satisfying results in the 3 month T sufferer mark, however this data suggests because of non interruption non indication that AM-101 will still yield some success with 3 month T sufferers and beyond. To spread here rumors that AM-101 beyond the three month mark would be zero or that minimal effective is nonsense.
@Robb - Did Auris quote this? Where?

No.

It is a summary, in case I am not a lunatic, it could be the case AM-101 will not make it to the market.
But it can be fairly said that it benefit some people.
I'm unsure what you mean. Is this your summary of what the guys at the hospital told you (re the +3 months) when you went for your 4th injection?

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now