Another of My Happy Posts

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by epin3m, Mar 1, 2014.

1. epin3m
      Badass

epin3m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Hi you all beautiful head ringers!

I just woke up and I am ready to fully enjoy my weekend :)

I am writting this post to keep up with the number of possitive posts I started posting for the last month.

3 months of hell and 1 so far of happiness :) So I keep on making this posts and collaborating with TT to let the newbies know that the MAJORITY of people recover and the COME SCARED to this forum until their Tinnitus is not an issue for them anymore. @Markku has said this many times and it is true.

So I am one of those whose tinnitus does not disable his life in any possible way anymore and I plan to stay around in TT for some weeks/months more. At some point I will leave but I want to leave a handful number of posts saying that you will get better guys.

The newcomers see this as the ending point in their lifes, but the truth is that is not... just let it ring!

• Like Like x 10
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Winner Winner x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      Damn. I'm so happy for you. Where can I come to meet you? There was this genuine happiness in your previous photo posts, and I'm really, really glad you have reached the point where you can say you are about as happy as before tinnitus. That's a major milestone.

I'm also very grateful you are taking the time to share the positivity that often ensues after "winning" the initial battle with tinnitus. At this point many people just stop frequenting the forums; which clearly skews that ratio of happy/content and sad people with tinnitus chatting here. The reality is often brighter than what the forums tell us.

So... enjoy your awesome life epin3m! Every day is a gift.

Markku

• Like Like x 3
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    3. Saif
      Suicidal

Saif Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      :D

First when I got the ring it was very loud and I never thought my brain will get use to it, like now it's ringing but not bothered by it because I get used to it.
      Be positive about T is the important thing to live with your life. :headphone:
      Thanks for these positive posts epin3m :)

• Like Like x 3
      • Hug Hug x 1
    4. George Brady
      Crappy

George Brady Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      bad meds
      I agree we need more positive post like this the negative ones do nothing But make people feel worse or more panicky Like there never going to get better. I've had loud T for 3 months now and I'm slowly getting back to the way I was

• Like Like x 1
    5. avt007

avt007 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      There is a very real parallel in car forums. I am very active in a particular car brand forum, and the thing is, if you cruise the forum, you'll get the impression that they are full of problems, and very unreliable. That isn't really the case, but people don't go and create a thread called "my car ran fine today". Posts and threads are almost always in response to a problem. "My transmission is slipping, what do I do?" "My T is getting louder, what do I do?" See?

My time in the this forum has not been long, and my attendance is sporadic, because I don't think to come here except when my T is bugging me. Since I am "habituated" I don't bother posting or even looking at the messages, thus "Skewing the ratio" as Markuu put it.

Another shared attribute between these two forums is that of politeness. Rudeness is not tolerated one bit in my favourite forum, and it's one reason I enjoy it so much. Polite disagreement is fine, but name calling etc is just not needed. Tinnitus is stressful enough without getting into online arguments about it.

So you newcomers, don't read all the posts and decide life is over. Remember that many adjust or their T goes away, and you don't see those people here.

• Like Like x 4
      • Winner Winner x 1
    6. NeoM
      Moonlighting

NeoM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/31/2013
      @epin3m Are you american? I was wondering because of the sooner t shirt in your one photo.

7. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Great positive post. Thank you Adrian. We need more of these posts to make a T forum a place of hope and positivity where newer sufferers will find solace to help our their suffering. Amazing that you can reach such a positive frame of mind in just 3 months with T. In 3 months, I would be lucky to have less panic attacks while I was still in a cocoon of T suffering. Great job, Adrian and thanks for sharing this positive news.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      epin3m
      Badass

epin3m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      My Weekend: I went to one party on Friday. Went to a costume party on Saturday. Go shopping. Play videogames. Watch soccer game and started reading A conferacy of Dunces. Could it be better? Guess how many of these activities has been spoiled my T? exactly: NONE.

Thanks Markku. I am currently living in Lisbon. If you plan to come here or to Madrid let me know.
      Nae, I ain´t American. I am from Spain but I studied in OU. BOOMER SOONER!

Thanks as alway Billie. Big hug.

9. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Oh you are from Spain. My favorite soccer country with super teams like Barcelona & Real Madrid in la liga. Hope to watch one of their games before Messi or C.Ronaldo retire. I still remember that game a while back when Barcelona demolished Real Madrid 5-0 or 5-1.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      epin3m
      Badass

epin3m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Yeah, I am from Madrid but my team is Barcelona. Nevertheless this year I would like Atletico Madrid to win because I am tired of Real and Barcelona always winning. If you ever come to Madrid or Barcelona let me know because I know people in both cities who could lend me their passes to watch a game.

• Winner Winner x 1
    11. adam2525
      Balanced

adam2525 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Possibly my favourite book ever. :) Read it slowly and savour the comedic genius of the sadly departed John Kennedy Toole.

• Informative Informative x 1
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      epin3m
      Badass

epin3m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      So far I´ve read 60 pages. Ignatius Relly, what bum :D