• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Apple Cider Vinegar

Have you had any success with Apple Cider Vinegar?

• Yes, it lowered my tinnitus

• It didn't make any difference to my tinnitus

• No, it made my tinnitus worse

• I have never tried it

• It may have helped: uncertain

Results are only viewable after voting.
@SoulStation ,

I'd like to hear how the ACV works for you, after you've been taking it for awhile. Good luck!

@alifalijohn,

Good luck to you, too! I'd like to hear how it works for you.

I've tried the regular ACV from the store (not the raw kind). I tried it initially some time back and it didn't do much. I tried it again this week and found that it has stabilized my condition. Before I started taking it, my ringing was getting out of control, with my hearing fading in and out in both ears as waves of ringing would grow suddenly louder and then fade back to the persistent usual ringing. The ACV has stopped any spikes and fade-outs. I am going to try and find the raw kind. I have to say, this is the first thing that has had any noticeable effect on my T in a long time, so I am hopeful. Good tips on this thread.

I've been taking it off and on for several months now. It's hard to tell if it has any effect, but I will say that my tinnitus has definitely not gotten any worse in a long time. I agree with the comment from Michael Hamond (above); I think it stabilizes tinnitus.

ACV has many other health benefits, so you can't go wrong with at least trying it. I'm sorry you're having a spike right now, Jeannie. When my tinnitus was new, it seemed that a lot of supplements that were supposed to help had the opposite effect. Keep trying it for a couple days; if it is still making things worse, stop using it, and try again in a few months. Good luck, and I'd like to hear how you're doing in a couple days.

I have been taking one to two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar each day and I can honestly that it has eliminated all traces of spikes in my tinnitus. The ringing is still there, but there is no fading in and out with my hearing. That is a huge step for me. I still have bad days where my tinnitus is louder (yesterday was the worst I've had in years) but I suspect that was due to stress. ACV really makes a difference for me. In general, my tinnitus has been much calmer since I started ACV.

After months of not using ACV, I am back to using it. I can say that I have noticed one more difference that ACV makes. I should say that I am in bad shape, with my ears being clogged almost constantly. I am on Prednisone, which is having mixed results. However, I can say in the last two weeks, whenever my ears feel full, I drink two teaspoons of Bragg's apple cider vinegar and the congestion always diminishes. I have tried this theory numerous times over the last few weeks and it seems to be the ACV that is making the difference.

I use Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar, too. It has helped me with sore throat and bronchitis, as well as other issues. I haven't noticed any difference in my tinnitus when I take it, but for some, it might work. Anyway, I agree that it is good for many ailments.

yeah; when reflux was kicking my ass, PPIs just gave me worse problems, but ACV knocked it way back.
Yes PPI's are terrible. They destroy good acid in the stomach along with the bad. In the end it is better to get rid of acid reflux the good old fashioned way: some ACV, lose weight if needed and adjusting acidity in diet, limit alcohol, caffeine etc.

Is it safe to flush with Apple Cider Vinegar instead of alcohol? I searched around and most people talk about drinking it, but what about using it to flush the ears. I read good results elsewhere but wanted to hear thoughts on it here first. I was gonna try Braggs Unfiltered.

Thank linear for the input. Unfortunately it wasn't a live show. Oh how I wish. I got into high end headphone and played the Ghosts album for 2 weeks all day long. Even tho it was at low-moderate levels. The repetition is was did it. No the decibels. Trent and his pianos are really something.

I am just throwing this out there. I always eat the Apples, keep the doctor. LOL.
Apple Juice, I don't drink. Apple Cider pills, I got some today. Hopeless, I know.
Walmart carries them. I believe that Italian Dressing has vinegar. I don't eat dressing either. Ouch. I am vegetarian. I do eat clean, what gives in this crap. I hope that you all get well soon.

Quote of the Day: You are lovely.

jerriblanksquaw.jpg

Somebody did write on here that apple cider vinegar helped their T.
I figure if you think it can help it will and if its harmless or free then give it a try. I like to feel proactive in this as nobody else is available to help us.

Has anyone tried apple cider vinegar drops in the ears for relief of tinnitus? I have heard of this but would like some real life experienced folks to share their experiences with me about this treatment.

Has anyone tried apple cider vinegar drops in the ears for relief of tinnitus? I have heard of this but would like some real life experienced folks to share their experiences with me about this treatment.
I doubt that would be good for anything at all. If you have ear impacted ear drums then you need to have the wax removed properly. If you have chronic tinnitus, then it's either from damaged inner ear hairs, nerve, or the phantom sound is generated in the brain. Vinegar in the ear canal can't do anything about any of these.

I have read of some folk benefitting from using this stuff. I am going to give it a go. Wondering what the success rate is; hence the poll.

I wish the poll were to include an option "I am not sure whether or not it has helped" and/or "ACV has helped a little"

I have not tried that, I have been trying Castor oil but had to stop, it was clogging up my hearing aids. I have gone to dropping a little hydrogen peroxide in each ear in the morning, the left ear crackles and pops for 10 minutes, the right is silent. Not sure what it means. Been doing it for a couple days, today was pretty tolerable but I have always had good days and bad days so I can't say it's working yet.

. I have gone to dropping a little hydrogen peroxide in each ear in the morning, the left ear crackles and pops for 10 minutes, the right is silent. Not sure what it means. Been doing it for a couple days, today was pretty tolerable but I have always had good days and bad days so I can't say it's working yet.
OMG hydrogen peroxide please don't use that. That's how my T started.

I mean I had a perforation from the trauma and went to physician. She couldn't see the perforation due to ear wax and we didn't know that there was a perforation until that was poured. The hydrogen peroxide the moment that was poured I could feel that until my throat and cried like crazy in pain. Felt like acid gushing and that's when the T started. The pain went immediately in 15mins but T sound which was triggered when hydrogen peroxide was poured never went away :(

Please don't pour that in ear. Be careful. I re-imagined that evening 1000times that I shouldn't have gone to that physician. I should have gone to ENT but couldn't get appointment immediately. Sometimes the small things we do unknowingly can cause a lot of pain.

have gone to dropping a little hydrogen peroxide in each ear in the morning,
Also, my ENT who is really good mentioned that pouring hydrogen peroxide was a very primitive procedure and he wouldn't recommend cleaning ears like that. He literally removed ear wax in 2seconds using his instruments.

He mentioned no Q tips and hydrogen peroxide. Please take care.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now