• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Austin Goh: “How to Get Rid of Tinnitus Naturally”

Huradozih

Author
May 14, 2018
Tinnitus Since
Cause of Tinnitus
idiopathic
So I found out this video on YouTube. I don't know the guy, but what are your thoughts about his technique? If it was so easy, tinnitus would not be a major problem o_O

From what I gather he's a very nice guy and he means well... unfortunately it will do nothing for your tinnitus, unless your problem is strictly bad circulation.

From what I gather he's a very nice guy and he means well...unfortunatelly it will do nothing for your tinnitus, unless your problem is strictly bad circulation.

Who knows? I'll give it a try, since my two tones are idiopathic ( according to my *illuminated* ENTs )

So I found out this video on YouTube. I don't know the guy, but what are your thoughts about his technique? If it was so easy, tinnitus would not be a major problem o_O

I watched the video and these are silly techniques that cannot have an impact on t because none of the movements/techniques deal with 99% of the causes of t. In most cases, the t is due to damage to the mechanical structure somewhere inside the ear (inner or out hairs, etc).

I will give it a go, after all it is free.

CAUTION: Free doesn't mean it's safe. Don't do things simply because they are free.

There is a part in the video that is concerning to me: when he sticks his finger in the ear canal and "pumps". This creates a "seal" that can cause large variations of pressure around the ear drum (possibly inducing barotrauma). I would recommend against doing this to your ears.

CAUTION: Free doesn't mean it's safe. Don't do things simply because they are free.

There is a part in the video that is concerning to me: when he sticks his finger in the ear canal and "pumps". This creates a "seal" that can cause large variations of pressure around the ear drum (possibly inducing barotrauma). I would recommend against doing this to your ears.
Thanks. I will follow your advice.

On the other hand I am sticking my fingers in my ears lots of times everyday when a motorbike or a lorry goes by, and had no problem, so maybe I will try it.

I really despise these YouTube tinnitus people claiming they can help, because they can't. They are all just living breathing bottles of Lipoflavonoids.

Hope everyone is doing well.

I never want to spread any misinformation of course, so know that even if this is unhelpful, it is honest.

I got tinnitus after a concert on July the 14th. After a short while I started doing the Austin Goh's 5 minute tinnitus cure. It is a set of short exercises that supposedly reduce tinnitus after some time. I have been doing them morning and night for about a month.

I have noticed that over the month my tinnitus often reduced. Of course there may just be a correlation but I find it unlikely since often it was noticeably right after the exercises. My tinnitus was noise induced and it's potentially something that affects my reaction.

Anyway, this information was only posted for you to draw your own conclusion but I am 100% honest at least.

Meanwhile, although the sound has gone up, I have also found the pitch to have increased. It was high to begin with but I now believe it's well above 15,000 Hz.

I wonder if anyone recommends that I continue with something that is definitely working at times, or am I overlooking something?

I have stopped recently as a precaution.

Advice is really appreciated, thanks!

This guy has a cure for literally anything.
All the cures involve some sort similar voodoo as in this tinnitus cure.

3 minute abs...

I tried it. The ringing is still there, though a little less and seems a bit higher. But the entire exercise relaxed my head and it feels lighter. That in itself makes the exercise worth doing. I bookmarked it. Thank you for posting.

I just gave it a go and it did seem to make my hearing clearer, like all things give it a go before you dismiss it. Pushing your thumbs in gave only a very slight increase in pressure so really hard to see how that's going to do any harm unless you have massive ear canals or really tiny thumbs.

I've been on this guy's emailing list for like a year just to see what he sends. He claims he can help with sinuses, blood pressure, anxiety, tinnitus, chronic pain, "mental clarity", etc while telling little stories in his emails about people he claims he helped. No one can check the validity of these stories, though.

It seems to me he rips off people with problems that don't want to go to an actual doctor. He also has merch which I find a bit weird, and his courses are hella expensive. Over $1,000, though be sure he'll email you about some big sale every once in a while. The guy is a total scam in my opinion.

I've been on this guy's emailing list for like a year just to see what he sends. He claims he can help with sinuses, blood pressure, anxiety, tinnitus, chronic pain, "mental clarity", etc while telling little stories in his emails about people he claims he helped. No one can check the validity of these stories, though.

It seems to me he rips off people with problems that don't want to go to an actual doctor. He also has merch which I find a bit weird, and his courses are hella expensive. Over $1,000, though be sure he'll email you about some big sale every once in a while. The guy is a total scam in my opinion.
What an ahole scammer!

What do his courses include? Do you have a link?

I recently tried Austin Goh's therapy and was surprised to find it quite effective. It is not a cure by any means, it simply reduces the volume to a tolerable level. There is nothing remotely dangerous about Mr. Goh's approach. And since it takes a few moments throughout the day, my reasoning was, why not give it a try. Tinnitus is a very enervating malady, and I can tell from some of the comments here that some of you have become disheartened and angry, and not unreasonably suspicious of proffered solutions. But my sense of it is that Mr. Goh is a sincere person. He doesn't appear to be selling anything. And his therapies have roots in Chinese medicine. So my take-away is that the simple exercises depicted in the video above are worth trying. As always, your mileage may vary.

I recently tried Austin Goh's therapy and was surprised to find it quite effective. It is not a cure by any means, it simply reduces the volume to a tolerable level. There is nothing remotely dangerous about Mr. Goh's approach. And since it takes a few moments throughout the day, my reasoning was, why not give it a try. Tinnitus is a very enervating malady, and I can tell from some of the comments here that some of you have become disheartened and angry, and not unreasonably suspicious of proffered solutions. But my sense of it is that Mr. Goh is a sincere person. He doesn't appear to be selling anything. And his therapies have roots in Chinese medicine. So my take-away is that the simple exercises depicted in the video above are worth trying. As always, your mileage may vary.
I'll try anything once. I get the sense he has many videos - is there a standout that worked for you?

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now