• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Autifony Therapeutics Phase II Study for AUT00063, for the Treatment of Hearing Loss and Tinnitus

I cant believe T can be cured by pills or something taken via stomach as real spontaneous long-stanting T self cures dont exist in the literature.
Endeed, often basic Research starts to find what worked on with theses spontaneous "self-cures" and try to find and isolate the active compound responsible of this.
To my knowledge, the only self-cure long-standing T is one of a man after a stroke, then research should stress on direct manipulation of the brain (RTMS, electrical, etc....).......

I cant believe T can be cured by pills or something taken via stomach as real spontaneous long-stanting T self cures dont exist in the literature.
Endeed, often basic Research starts to find what worked on with theses spontaneous "self-cures" and try to find and isolate the active compound responsible of this.
To my knowledge, the only self-cure long-standing T is one of a man after a stroke, then research should stress on direct manipulation of the brain (RTMS, electrical, etc....).......

I don't think so. We can treat depression through orally taken pills. We can do lots of things by changing the chemistry in the body and most importantly the brain.

There are reports of self-curing stories that weren't caused by some dramatic event such as a stroke. The audiologist I went to a couple of months ago told me one of her patients that she had a long, long time ago woke up one morning after having had tinnitus for over 30 years and it was just gone! No stroke, no nothing! She said he actually got really depressed because of this. He said to her that he felt that tinnitus had become a part of him in some way since he had it for so long that he just didn't know how to react or what to do now that it was gone.
My interpretation of this is that he must have had some kind of Stockholm syndrome feelings towards his tinnitus.

I don't think so. We can treat depression through orally taken pills. We can do lots of things by changing the chemistry in the body and most importantly the brain.

There are reports of self-curing stories that weren't caused by some dramatic event such as a stroke. The audiologist I went to a couple of months ago told me one of her patients that she had a long, long time ago woke up one morning after having had tinnitus for over 30 years and it was just gone! No stroke, no nothing! She said he actually got really depressed because of this. He said to her that he felt that tinnitus had become a part of him in some way since he had it for so long that he just didn't know how to react or what to do now that it was gone.
My interpretation of this is that he must have had some kind of Stockholm syndrome feelings towards his tinnitus.

The body and mind have the power to cure itself , we just don't know exactly how.

All anti-depressant pills do is leveling out all emotions turning you into a zombie, I know because I've been on them for a year unfortunately. I still have (10 years later) side effects of them.
It didn't kill my depression though i done that with the help of my brain without any chemicals.

BTW 47 years ago I spend 3 months in an incubator so I guess miracles do exist. ;)

I've run out of words and thoughts and strategies. I'm done. They trialed 58 people. It's less than a new shampoo sample set where they have many batches and choose the statistically best one. As a mathematician 58 is far too small a sample set. It just doesn't cut the mustard. Having said that t wins. I just don't care anymore. Let it whistle away until the day I say no more. I'm done.

They trialed 58 people. It's less than a new shampoo sample set where they have many batches and choose the statistically best one. As a mathematician 58 is far too small a sample set. It just doesn't cut the mustard.
I don't know what they were thinking! To conclude if a drug works on tinnitus from 25 people is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard.

@linearb,

I agree with you in concept. However, I'm not as much of a pessimist, as I am a realist.

I live in the present and my suffering is in the present. Things potentially happening, in 10, 20 or 50 years from now, well that's wonderful, if your in your 20's.

You're right, cars and planes have evolved greatly over the years, but they still roll on wheels and use wings to fly. Autifony's failure to deliver the goods, in my opinion, sets us back, to those days of dangerous vehicles and questionable air travel.

@linearb,

I agree with you in concept. However, I'm not as much of a pessimist, as I am a realist.

I live in the present and my suffering is in the present. Things potentially happening, in 10, 20 or 50 years from now, well that's wonderful, if your in your 20's.

You're right, cars and planes have evolved greatly over the years, but they still roll on wheels and use wings to fly. Autifony's failure to deliver the goods, in my opinion, sets us back, to those days of dangerous vehicles and questionable air travel.

Yeah but before we could build the first airplane we tested a lot of things, including putting wings on people. That didn't work out so well for the guy that jumped off a cliff and try to flap like a bird.

Then the Wright brothers managed to fly for about 100 yards using a glider.

Then we put a propeller on a glider and managed to fly a lot longer than 100 yards.

After that we had a sort of a side track trying balloons and airships. Airships are a story all by them selves by the way. At first we used hydrogen to fill them up. Then a bunch of people (about 100) burned to death in the Hindenburg disaster before we realized that was a bad idea.

Then we refined the propeller engines and airplane design to the extent that we could fly across the Atlantic.

Before I go any further into the history of flight I think you get the picture.

We didn't go from nothing to supersonic jets. It took a lot of failures and deaths of pioneers before we managed to build a jet plane. Autifony is a failure bringing us one step closer to success. That's all.

I've run out of words and thoughts and strategies. I'm done. They trialed 58 people. It's less than a new shampoo sample set where they have many batches and choose the statistically best one. As a mathematician 58 is far too small a sample set. It just doesn't cut the mustard. Having said that t wins. I just don't care anymore. Let it whistle away until the day I say no more. I'm done.

£2.2M funding for a trial number of 58 candidates. That crudely works out at £38,000 per person

Yeah but before we could build the first airplane we tested a lot of things, including putting wings on people. That didn't work out so well for the guy that jumped off a cliff and try to flap like a bird.

Then the Wright brothers managed to fly for about 100 yards using a glider.

Then we put a propeller on a glider and managed to fly a lot longer than 100 yards.

After that we had a sort of a side track trying balloons and airships. Airships are a story all by them selves by the way. At first we used hydrogen to fill them up. Then a bunch of people (about 100) burned to death in the Hindenburg disaster before we realized that was a bad idea.

Then we refined the propeller engines and airplane design to the extent that we could fly across the Atlantic.

Before I go any further into the history of flight I think you get the picture.

We didn't go from nothing to supersonic jets. It took a lot of failures and deaths of pioneers before we managed to build a jet plane. Autifony is a failure bringing us one step closer to success. That's all.

Yeah and then money came into play and we stopped evolving. Can you imagine what planet we could have had if we didn't live in a corrupt system where money is more important than our habitat and well being?

£2.2M funding for a trial number of 58 candidates. That crudely works out at £38,000 per person
Well I hope that is from scratch and not only for the trail right?
Large production will be far less I presume. Would this have been a lifetime taking medicine or would you havebeen cured after some numbers of pills?

I was on the trial at Birmingham,spoke to the staff running the trial today with regard to finding out what i took.
I,ll be receiving some information from Autifony quite soon ,but was,nt made clear about what exactly

I did mention about corrines positive outcome with the drug and was told there was 10 of us at Birmingham,out of the 10,2 had a positive result,this ratio was deemed too low to continue,but goes to prove it does work!

Just hope they go back to the drawing board and maybe come back with higher dosage or a longer course

They have stuff that they can do for t. RTMS, tdcs, neurofeedback just to name a few. The problem is everyone is so damn greedy. They charge way too much to use the devices. Its pathetic. Its all a matter of priority. They have all this technology at their finger tips but they just pussyfoot around with it because its not them suffering. Any of you ever hear the idea that what we think is current tech is actually 40 years behind what really exists?

They likely didn't spend the entire trial budget, with only 58 candidates. My assumption is they pulled the plug early, before wasting any more money on this trial, to save some for the next. They're not closing up shop after this one failure! It's AUT00063, not 00001! Let's see what 00064 brings:)

I don't write these words on blind faith. Trobalt has helped people, and Keppra has helped me personally. It didn't silence my T, but it sure shut down the reactive T. I also had some of the best T volume days I've had since it started bothering me in 2012. I know these aren't the same as Aut, but there's got to be something to this potassium channel thing.

Also, had it not been for very recent advancements in chemotherapy and laser ablation, my father would be dead today, so don't think there aren't medical advancements every day. You just may not have heard of them.

I did mention about corrines positive outcome with the drug and was told there was 10 of us at Birmingham,out of the 10,2 had a positive result,this ratio was deemed too low to continue,but goes to prove it does work!

If it were 50/50, 2 out of 5 seeing positive results (assuming not a placebo effect), would be worth digging into further...which they're no doubt doing. Hell, that's a 40% success rate...not bad for round 1!

They have stuff that they can do for t. RTMS, tdcs, neurofeedback just to name a few. The problem is everyone is so damn greedy. They charge way too much to use the devices. Its pathetic. Its all a matter of priority. They have all this technology at their finger tips but they just pussyfoot around with it because its not them suffering. Any of you ever hear the idea that what we think is current tech is actually 40 years behind what really exists?
You bet!

I was on the trial at Birmingham,spoke to the staff running the trial today with regard to finding out what i took.
I,ll be receiving some information from Autifony quite soon ,but was,nt made clear about what exactly

Just hope they go back to the drawing board and maybe come back with higher dosage or a longer course
They should just increase the dosage and send some of us a package.
Cheapest trial ever.

Well I hope that is from scratch and not only for the trail right?
Large production will be far less I presume. Would this have been a lifetime taking medicine or would you havebeen cured after some numbers of pills?

The funding was for the Phase IIa trial.

I think questions need to be asked about this in parliament about how the trial funding was granted to a drug that only showed efficacy in laboratory rodents, then followed by a "full" clinical trial which is subsequently carried out with an insubstantial number of candidates and, to cap it all, was ended prematurely.

The funding was for the Phase IIa trial.

I think questions need to be asked about this in parliament about how the trial funding was granted to a drug that only showed efficacy in laboratory rodents, then followed by a "full" clinical trial which is subsequently carried out with an insubstantial number of candidates and, to cap it all, was ended prematurely.

There could be other reasons to stop trails e.g when a drug turns out to be too succesful..... (read not enough profit to be made).

A hospital trial of 10 people....how pathetic is that...

Yeah and then money came into play and we stopped evolving. Can you imagine what planet we could have had if we didn't live in a corrupt system where money is more important than our habitat and well being?

Well, in 1990 the UN set a goal to cut the poverty in the world in half by 2015. At the time it was widely criticized as being unrealistic. In 1990 more than 37 % of the worlds population lived in extreme poverty. Today that figure is down to a whopping 9,6 %! That's a lot more than cutting it in half. That's cutting it in half almost 2 times over. And remember that the worlds population has increased as well during that time. So we must be doing something right.

Even though the media around the world only focus on all the misery there is the humanity has never been in a better place than now. The chance to live a poverty free life in peace for a girl being born in Africa today is greater than the chances of that same girl surviving her fifth birthday in previous eras. So once again: We must be doing something right.

Well, in 1990 the UN set a goal to cut the poverty in the world in half by 2015. At the time it was widely criticized as being unrealistic. In 1990 more than 37 % of the worlds population lived in extreme poverty. Today that figure is down to a whopping 9,6 %! That's a lot more than cutting it in half. That's cutting it in half almost 3 times over. And remember that the worlds population has increased as well during that time. So we must be doing something right.

Even though the media around the world only focus on all the misery there is the humanity has never been in a better place than now. The chance to live a poverty free life in peace for a girl being born in Africa today is greater than the chances of that same girl surviving her fifth birthday in previous eras. So once again: We must be doing something right.

1% of the riches elite owns 50,1% of all wealth, while the planet is screwed and we are left with the scraps.
Some made up figures by the UN can't change that.

There could be other reasons to stop trails e.g when a drug turns out to be too succesful..... (read not enough profit to be made).

It's a funny thought but if the drug was too successful they wouldn't cancel it. If it took let's say one pill and you'd be cured. What they would do is just make that pill cost $ 1000 or something. So there would always be money to be made.

1% of the riches elite owns 50,1% of all wealth, while the planet is screwed and we are left with the scraps.
Some made up figures by the UN can't change that.

Well I'm guessing those figures were even worse in prevous eras. Once upon a time the king owned, well, everything and everybody. If you were born to a farmer you were forced to be a farmer as well. You were not allowed to do anything else or you risked torture and death. You were also told who to marry when you were 6 years old and had no say in, well, anything. So once again: We must be doing something right...

It's a funny thought but if the drug was too successful they wouldn't cancel it. If it took let's one pill and you'd be cured. What they would do is just make that pill cost $ 1000 or something. So there would always be money to be made.

There are plenty of examples of drugs that cannot be patented that work but are simply not profitable like DCA.
And therefor will not be produced or investigated. Your right about the $1000 per pill scenario in fact some nitwit did recently.

Well I'm guessing those figures were even worse in prevous eras. Once upon a time the king owned, well, everything and everybody. If you were born to a farmer you were forced to be a farmer as well. You were not allowed to do anything else or you risked torture and death. You were also told who to marry when you were 6 years old and had no say in, well, anything. So once again: We must be doing something right...
You sound like you think that this is different these days. Your still a slave albeit a economic slave. Any idea how money is made? Any idea who owns the dollar and the rest of the worlds currency?

But lets not get offtopic before you know it they start to delete our postings again.

The attachment file discusses the limitations of the GAP detection tests for screening of tinnitus in animal models. It is these foundations that may lead to the wrong conclusions in the pre-clinical studies (of tinnitus), and, which may explain why a phase-II efficacy trial fails.

Attachments

• The Gap-Startle Paradigm for Tinnitus Screening in Animal Models.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 59

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now