• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Autifony Therapeutics Phase II Study for AUT00063, for the Treatment of Hearing Loss and Tinnitus

One Week Update,Hi guys,not much to report so far!The last week its been round about a 4,sometimes a little higher ,sometimes a bit lower, which is roughly how its been for the past year,anything else happens i,ll let you know,bye for now

Ouuuh, unless u taking placebo, this is very bad news. With retigabine, everybody had reduction with maximum dose, thats 300 or 400 on empty stomach.
Are you feeling any any small side effect?? I think aut must have some side effects even little, somebody knows that??
Greetings from my trip to riga on 300mg high

Ouuuh, unless u taking placebo, this is very bad news. With retigabine, everybody had reduction with maximum dose, thats 300 or 400 on empty stomach.
Are you feeling any any small side effect?? I think aut must have some side effects even little, somebody knows that??
Greetings from my trip to riga on 300mg high

I dunno.....I think it is waaaayyy too early say it is bad news with such a small sample size (2). Would be great to hear the magical "it is quiet", but we just need to be patient.

@Hotspur and @chamferman , I hope for everyone that you are on the placebo. though it would be nice for you both if you were nt!

Please keep us updated and thank you for taking part in this trial.

As a side note, is @benryu around? He seemed fairly knowledgeable on this subject, amongst others:)

Wishing peace and quiet to all

Current thinking is that tinnitus is caused because of hyperactivity in the hearing centres of the brain, not the ear. The Autifony drug is supposed to reduce the neuronal activity in these areas, regardless of what state the ear is in, damaged hair cells etc.

Noone knows anything. We don't know if AUT00063 works at all and on which kind of T.
We even don't know the root cause of T, although it is commonly assumed it is generated in the brain - no matter if someone has a hearing damage or not. I think that more or less everyone with T has some kind of hearing loss somewhere. So much too early being disappointed or optimistic. Noone knows anything - only maybe Autifony after some weeks of testing. What we know is that we have two members from the trial here and they haven't announced yet that the wonder drug is found.

Please may I humbly suggest that we stop discussing whether the person has received placebo or not.
We can go round and round saying the same thing. What for? I really cannot see the value in discussing whether it is or isnt likely that the person has received placebo or the real drug. Why? Because none of us here, nor the staff at the trial clinic or the participant involved have any idea whatsoever whether it is placebo or not that he or she has taken.So it just becomes pointless rhetoric.
The only valuable input that I can see is the experience of the participant him or herself. If the participant is kind enough to tell us whether they experience any effect good or bad or neutral will we have any worthwhile information. Otherwise we are simply gossiping over a fence to each other with no real point to the gossip except to enjoy talking.............just a thought on this........feel free to disagree....

What would be far more valuable would be the hearing tests published here of the accepted (or non accepted) participant to the trial cos this seems to be the sticking point for most as to whether fitting the criteria or not to get onto the trial.
As we know, there seem to be discrepancies between the trial centres, one accepting this and another rejecting that. Therefore I would love to hear what had been accepted as hearing loss and what had been rejected as insufficient hearing loss and which clinic said what.

I would love to hear what had been accepted as hearing loss and what had been rejected as insufficient hearing loss and which clinic said what.
Hi amandine,i think there is a degree of flexibility regarding the hearing test,looking at a test i had done in my town six months ago,my 20db hearing loss kicks in at 1khz,before that at 250hz and 500hz its 15db
I do remember the NHS audiologist saying she didnt think i would be eligible(at my local hospital)while an independent chap thought this was a bit harsh, as my loss is 20db and worse after 1khz
I assume youve had a hearing test?If not maybe best to have one before applying,hope this helps,bye for now

I think we need to let Autifony handle their research and development. Some of us seem to have ants in their pants to do some DIY research. In my opinion we should all calm down and quit being all stressed about this. It will be what it is. We will know when there is something to know. Chill.

@Hotspur
Thanks for your post reply.
Hi Yes I did have a hearing test in fact had two hearing tests. Was told normal for my age. Actually I thought it was an horrendous hearing loss but judging from what you have written it seems that it is not so bad at all!
I am confused though. You were told that your hearing loss was not sufficient for the trials although sounds pretty bad to me but I know little about the subject. Yet even though you were told this you were still accepted into the trials. Did you have a hearing test done at the trial centre and what requirement did you have to have to be accepted.
By the way, no my hearing loss doesnt start there but have some hearing loss apparently at 8khz.
Thanks for your info and for your updates re your experiences at Autifony trial.

You were told that your hearing loss was not sufficient for the trials although sounds pretty bad to me but I know little about the subject. Yet even though you were told this you were still accepted into the trials. Did you have a hearing test done at the trial centre and what requirement did you have to have to be accepted.
Hi amandine,it was an audologist at my local hospitals opinion that i was ineligible,no one to do with the trial
Ive had two hearing tests done at the trial centre,was not told of the requirements ,bye for now

For the UK government to part fund this trial to the sum of £2.2M and AUT63 having only been proven in a tinnitus trial involving rodents before, I am confident that someone at Autifony/GSK knows a lot more about its efficacy in humans than we do at this stage, else the trial wouldn't be going ahead in the first place.

Speaking as a Retigabine user, now on 300mg/TID for about two months: it takes some time to ramp up. I mean, I felt like something was happening way back when, but there's been such an amplifying of effects in the last two weeks that a earlier time felt like nothing. Some of this is not positive, but at least we know whatever our friends are on doesn't have noticeable side effects yet.

Really, we should not look for side effects. This drug should have none. It is very targeted, affecting only the 3.1Kv channel which is only in the audio centers of the brain. So all the time Juan Carlos and locoyeti and whoever else took to ramp up, this could be happening with folks right now and they don't know it because the drug is quiet except for chilling out your buzz.

So no more looking for side effects as a way to out the placebo, at least until some people report side effects.

All I can type tonight. Woo, Potiga! I'd smother this little blue pill with kisses if only it didn't make me so drunk.

For the UK government to part fund this trial to the sum of £2.2M and AUT63 having only been proven in a tinnitus trial involving rodents before, I am confident that someone at Autifony/GSK knows a lot more about its efficacy in humans than we do at this stage, else the trial wouldn't be going ahead in the first place.
2.2M is pocket change for UK govt.

Day 17 update

01) Thursday 8/10 Started trial
02) Friday 5/10
03) Saturday 8/10
04) Sunday 5/10
05) Monday 8/10
06) Tuesday 5/10
07) Wednesday 8/10
08) Thursday 5/10
09) Friday 8/10 Tooth abscess Pain
10) Saturday 8/10 Tooth abscess Pain
11) Sunday 8/10 Tooth abscess Pain
12) Monday 4/10
13) Tuesday 8/10
14) Wednesday 7/10
15) Thursday 7/10
16) Friday 7/10 Root Canal at dentist
17) Saturday 8/10

Sorry for the delay above are my T loudness scores, still no side effects to report.
Wish I could have posted better scores :(. At the dentist when receiving local anaesthetic my T dropped to a 3 but rose backup shortly afterwards to a 7.

Day 17 update

01) Thursday 8/10 Started trial
02) Friday 5/10
03) Saturday 8/10
04) Sunday 5/10
05) Monday 8/10
06) Tuesday 5/10
07) Wednesday 8/10
08) Thursday 5/10
09) Friday 8/10 Tooth abscess Pain
10) Saturday 8/10 Tooth abscess Pain
11) Sunday 8/10 Tooth abscess Pain
12) Monday 4/10
13) Tuesday 8/10
14) Wednesday 7/10
15) Thursday 7/10
16) Friday 7/10 Root Canal at dentist
17) Saturday 8/10

Sorry for the delay above are my T loudness scores, still no side effects to report.
Wish I could have posted better scores :(. At the dentist when receiving local anaesthetic my T dropped to a 3 but rose backup shortly afterwards to a 7.

Doesn't sound as effective as trobalt or you've sadly got placebo, which it must likely sounds like you do.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now